George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We has just had a power cut and out CDA PZ7 bottom oven has

Customer Question

We has just had a power cut and out CDA PZ7 bottom oven has stopped working. What can I do? Has a fuse blown? Is it something I can change and where is it located?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

When you say the oven has stopped working .. can you describe the full symptoms

JACUSTOMER-ombafb8q- :

Not sure what you mean by full symptoms... It's not working. No light comes on, it's making no noise so it would appear that theit's not getting hot. It worked fine until the electric went out.

JACUSTOMER-ombafb8q- :

the fan is not working. I must type too fast for this site. sorry

George-Allsorts :

I assume you were using the oven at the time this happened

JACUSTOMER-ombafb8q- :

No. It was only when the power came back on and we tried to use it that we realised it wasn't working

George-Allsorts :

If that is the case then this has probably happened due to the oven element blowing

George-Allsorts :

Let me see if there is a fuse or cutout on this model

JACUSTOMER-ombafb8q- :

thank you

George-Allsorts :

OK... I have just spoken to a CDA agent who is out at the moment... They are going to come back to me in about an hour

George-Allsorts :

What I assume is that the elemet in the oven has gone and has taken out a thermal cutout

JACUSTOMER-ombafb8q- :

Okay. I will await a response. Cheers George

George-Allsorts :

You are very welcome... chat soon

JACUSTOMER-ombafb8q- :

Hi George. Was going to have a little mess about with the back of the cooker. Don't know what I did, but it seems that just moving it out of it's space in the kitchen has got it working again. Thanks for your time. And have a great season of joy.

In that case Mark, please be careful.. you may have a loose wire in either the terminal block at the rear of the oven, or in the wall connector