Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an Indesit Double Oven,Model FIU20IX, where the main

Customer Question

I have an Indesit Double Oven,Model FIU20IX, where the main oven has failed. I've already changed the main oven element and the main oven element fan, but the oven still does not work.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK Could I have the full product code as there are at least two models and does it have a T after the X or alternatively a 1?

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Hello Ian,

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

There isn't any additional digits after thethe model number.

Dales-Electronic :

HI family gone home overfed and fat but hey~hohoho. OK can you use a multimeter?

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

The serial number is *********

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

There's a destinations number, GB IE.

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

The Ind Code is *********** That's about it really. Hope this helps with the answer.

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry that's no help hand on a mo but lets see what we can do ~ if you can put a # ***** preceding the indesit number that would help ie #1134.........

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

I don't have a multimeter with me.

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Serial number is #609130057

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Ind Code is #07349210000

Dales-Electronic :

Ok model number is ***** 20 IX(T) Product code for future reference when ordering parts is 34921 OK since we haven't got a multimeter have you any experience with electrics?

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Not really. I've changed the main oven element a few times in the past, and have changed the main oven fan once before. I am a Manfacturing Engineer by trade, so can be sensible at times.

Dales-Electronic :

OK an overview of the set up, power comes in and goes depending on model to either the programmer, then on to a selector switch then through a thermostat and finally through a thermal cut out before arriving at the fan and element. So let us start with the easy things, with power off if you turn the oven thermostat can you hear a click as you go from zero to say 100 degrees and then another as you go back to zero?

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Okay, with the mains power off, there is a click when turning the main oven knob from the 12 o'Clock position to 1 o'clock. And then again from 1 o'clock to 2 o'clock. Moving on to the 100 degrees mark, there are no further clicks.

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Two clicks can be heard, when returning the knob to the off position.

Dales-Electronic :

No that is fine, now switch on the power and reset the timer to manual will it do this?

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Power back on. Timer set.

Dales-Electronic :

Set for manual yes?

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Turning the main oven knob on. The orange light by the knob lights. The cooling fan above the top oven starts and you can feel the breeze out of the vent between the top oven and control panel.

Dales-Electronic :

Turn main oven thermostat up to 200 anything happening?

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

I believe it's set for manual. There is a pan symbol in between the hour and minute digits.

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Okay. Main oven set to 200. Orange light is on. Cooling fan on. Cannot see the main oven fan moving when opening the main oven door.

Dales-Electronic :

Clock time set? ie Clock time not programmer

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Yes, clock time set. Have not tried to use the auto timer.

Dales-Electronic :

OK well without a multimeter you are going to struggle from here onwards, can you get hold of one and if so do you know how to use one?

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

I could get hold of one. But not today. I may have to borrow one from work. Might not get one until Saturday.

Dales-Electronic :

OK that will be fine if you can wait, I go on holiday on Sunday so if we cant sort it on Saturday I will pass you on to my college George who will finish of the call if required, its not to much of a deal once you have the oven out and the back/top off ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Okay, thanks Ian. How do I get back in touch with you on Saturday?

Dales-Electronic :

If you come back on the site and sign in Your call will be diverted to me as you have a unique call reference, if I have to pass you over to George, I get him to pick up your call and all further questions will go to him.

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Okay. Thank you for now.

Dales-Electronic :

See you on Saturday enjoy the rest of your day

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Hello Ian, I've got a digital multimeter from Maplin. I've isolated the mains, removed the oven, disconnected the mains cables and removed the rear and top panels off the oven.

Dales-Electronic :

OK power off first ~ has you multimeter got a beeper?

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Yes.

Dales-Electronic :

OK just stick it across the terminals of the fan oven element and tell me if you get a beep

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Yes. It bleeps.

Dales-Electronic :

OK to save time give me your telephone number preceded by # ***** I will talk you thro it on the phone be quicker ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Okay. Landline number is #01952256690

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Mobile is #07772893839

Dales-Electronic :

Give me a mo, just grabbing a coffee two mins

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

okay, back at my PC.

Dales-Electronic :

OK firstly the model number of your oven is # *****(T) it has a product code of 034921 this will identify any further parts that you might want ~ the product code is important as there are a number of versions. The part number that you require is 5031680197365 designation is door microswitch. This item as far as I can see is only available from a company called Connect Distribution in Birmingham but your local guy will have an account with them as they are the largest supplier in the UK. You should once you have changed this be up and running, cost of the part will be about £10.

Dales-Electronic :

Now that we have sorted out the problem would you now kindly rate my service using the smileys below and I can shut the job down, you can then ask any further questions foc. ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Okay Ian, thanks. I've looked on another spares websire (eSpares.co.uk) and they have a part ES836014 Single Pole Oven Door Microswitch for £16. I may order from these as I had the fan from this company as well.

Dales-Electronic :

OK that is fine ESpares is owned by Connect Distribution just their retail arm ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-yuh9brmj- :

Okay Ian. Many thanks for your help. I'll rate your service now. Have a great holiday.

Dales-Electronic :

Good luck with the repair, come back to med i

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.