George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

machine was fine last night,it was turned off and empied ready

machine was fine last night,it was turned off and empied ready for morning, this morning no power light machine does not work. yes have checked the fuse.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you post the ENr & FD from the top of the door please

Customer:

no icant forward the top of door i wanted an answer to my problem so i could fix it myself if it is the catch that is something i can do. this is NOT worth the £20 i have invested.

George-Allsorts :

Why have you give me a bad service?
I need that number from the top of the door so that I know what machine you have
I can only give you advice when I know what machine you have..

George-Allsorts :

I will try answer your problem if you can supply me with the number requested

George-Allsorts :

Just to let you know... I have nothing to do with the money you have paid

George-Allsorts :

I am an appliance engineer, here to help you

George-Allsorts :

Now, if you would like to start again.. I will gladly try assist you in resolving the problem and getting your appliance up and running again

Customer:

sd1 3n 1b

George-Allsorts :

Thank you for that.. one moment please whilst I check on the parts contained within your appliance

Customer:

thankyou

George-Allsorts :

OK.. according to the technical lists that we hold on Bosch.. this number is ***** or incorrect...

Can you check the number given please and also supply the FD that should be with it... theis may help identify the exact model by date..

Customer:

FD8710 001490

George-Allsorts :

I do apologise, I do realise that the information stamped into the metal can be hard to see, even for me, at the best of times

Customer:

Yes i also find it very hard to read, as an old guy with impaired vision.

George-Allsorts :

I do understand that, believe me... I am searching our knowledge base for the model and variations of the number you gave me

Customer:

SRS55C02GB/01 stamped on top of door does this help?

George-Allsorts :

Excellent sir... That is the number I require to get the list of contents and diagrams to assist me... Thank you very much

Customer:

Great maybe we can sort this problem thankyou George

George-Allsorts :

I now have the diagrams and parts lists for your appliance

We can now do a step-by-step diagnosis to try find out where the problem lies

Can you tell me if you have checked the trip-switch in the consumer fuse-box to see if the problem lies there...

Customer:

the trip switch has not tripped

George-Allsorts :

Thank you..

So, you drained the appliance last evening and then removed the dishes from it ready for this morning .. is that correct?

Customer:

yes that is correct

George-Allsorts :

Thank you. I am looking at the power switch according to the information I have, it is a large round one, is that correct?

Customer:

its a round button on the front of the machine

George-Allsorts :

Behind that round button is a physical power switch.. Can you try it... What I need to know is, is the switch clicking and operating as it should

Customer:

yes it appears to clicking and opperating as normal

George-Allsorts :

OK, thank you.. One moment please

Customer:

Thank you George

George-Allsorts :

I am just having a look at your appliance in a little more depth... I will be a few minutes.. I have not left

Customer:

ok thats fine thanks

George-Allsorts :

Ok.. I have checked on the wiring and components for your appliance and it seems the you have a failed PCB

The PCB can be found on the Bosch webside Control Module 00644121

George-Allsorts :

Im sorry it took so long but I needed to be sure of what the problem was

George-Allsorts :

Please consider taking a moment to re-rate my assistance.. Please use the smiley faces to do this.

Customer:

ok Many Thanks for your help Sorry for the inittial chat, it was my missunderstanding i did not read the text correctly, i will indeed revise my ratting for your assistance Thankyou.