George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

On my under counter Bosch Logixx Refrigerator, every morning

On my under counter Bosch Logixx Refrigerator, every morning there is quite a large puddle of water on the floor, other wise it is working perfectly.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Good morning, my name is***** am here to assist you with your problem. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

Please, no matter what you may find on the internet, do not turn the appliance upside-down

George-Allsorts :

Can you provide me with the ENr and FD numbers from the label inside the fridge please

Customer:

There are no numbers on the fridge either inside or out, all have is a lbel I found on the floor many moons ago, which may not even have, come off the item with

George-Allsorts :

OK.. This normally would have been at the side of, or behind, the salad bowls...

George-Allsorts :

We shall try to continue without this information then...

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me, at the rear of the appliance, does the drip tray still exist on the top of the compressor?

Customer:

Model No EG54P Serial No,602240009 KTR 18P20GB/01 FD8605001998 then 2 long numbers that are a little small to read. There is a plastic tray in place which is completely dry.

Customer:

hello.

George-Allsorts :

Thank you very much for that information.. it is a great help.

George-Allsorts :

one moment whilst I just look at the diagrams for your appliance

George-Allsorts :

Having looked at the build diagram, I can see that, on the inside of your fridge, on the rear wall, there is a drain... Can you get something long and thin, like a straw, or a skewer, and gently prod the hole to open it

George-Allsorts :

Then, pour a half-cup of hot kettle water down the hole

Customer:

Going now to try

George-Allsorts :

Once this is done.. can you check that:

1. the water is draining from the drain-hole and not just sitting there

George-Allsorts :

2. the water is collecting at the driptray above the compressor

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask you to take a moment to rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally.
This will close our chat but you can still come back to me if you need more help

Customer:

Have cleared the hole and water now drains through it, so hope it will now be all right.

George-Allsorts :

That should have solved the problem for you.. make sure to keep that hole clear at all times..

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair