Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hello, I have an ideal boiler installed at my home, but it

Hello, I have an ideal boiler installed at my home, but it stopped working all of a sudden.
what could the probable cause? The electronic control has power, but the light on the boiler is not turning on.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you tell me what type of boiler you have and its full model number please

Customer:

The brand name is Ideal

Customer:

And it has a control unit named Myson.

Customer:

I am not sure where I can find the model number

Customer:

The boiler was working yesterday, but it switched off late evenign and it is not turning on after that

Dales-Electronic :

OK is it a combi boiler, or a stand on the floor type, the model number should be somewhere behind the or near the control panel.

Customer:

It is a combi boiler, fixed on the kichen wall, above the counter

Customer:

ICOS HE12 is what is written on the boiler

Dales-Electronic :

Thank you just looking up the specs

Dales-Electronic :

OK with the boiler on/off switch turned to off, turn the boiler thermostat to 6 and switch boiler on/off to on, tell me what happens?

Customer:

by thermostat, are you refering to the dial that says Min, Max, with 4 points in between?

Customer:

I tried that, there is still no display on the boiler

Dales-Electronic :

OK you did not say that there is no display only that the light on the boiler did not come on ~ how handy are you with a screwdriver?

Customer:

Yes, there is no display on the boiler at all, though the external control panel(Myson) seems to be working. Good with the screw driver

Customer:

when it worked last, it showed C and there was a blue indicator that was on too.

Dales-Electronic :

OK, you need to take the front panel off (power off please, this is done by unscrewing the two screws in the bottom swing it forward and then lift it off the pegs on the boiler casing ~ Once you have done this come back to me # *****

Customer:

ok, let me try

Customer:

Removed it

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you see the control pcb?

Customer:

I dont see a PCB, only some control units

Dales-Electronic :

Go to page 14 which shows you an exploded diagram of the front and parts behind find item 33 the control unit

Customer:

yes, I can see that, but there re 2 screws that attaches that to the boiler. Do you wnat me to take that off?

Dales-Electronic :

OK you have to be careful here ~ what we are trying to do is remove the cover as there is a 3.15amp fuse on top of the pcb held within which I need you to check, from what I can see it is only held in place by two screws at the front but do not take it off if you are likely to disturb the gas supply.

Customer:

Let me check

Customer:

I cannot see any fuse around panel, checked it

Dales-Electronic :

Look at page 25 you can see it on the front of the pcb

Dales-Electronic :

How are you getting on have you made any progress?

Customer:

I do not see a fuse at all

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.