Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi, I have a Delonghi Bean to Cup ECAM22.110 machine that needed

Hi, I have a Delonghi Bean to Cup ECAM22.110 machine that needed cleaning after which it started making a very loud grinding noise (not bean grinding) - I have read that there could be a air lock but I am frightened of leaving the machine on in case it affects the motor.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

Good morning, what exactly were the sypltoms?

Michael :

also has the unit been regularly de scaled?

Michael :

I will switch us to Q & A it works better;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Margaret, also how old is your coffee maker?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, sorry I have been out. The machine was 2 years old last October (just out of warranty!!!). It has been regulary descaled and is used on a regular basis. The triangle light came on saying it needed cleaning. At first the infuser was not in alignment so not able to remove and clean but after a couple of attempts of switching on and off we were able to remove, clean and re fit. It only started making a loud grinding noise since we did the above and wondered if it could be an air lock or something more serious.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks Margaret,
Make sure the difuser is seated properly. Sometimes it can seat to far down and cause problems. Generally this grinding sound is with the grinder motor. That is what you will need to replace. Its not too difficult to do with just a few basic hand tools and I will help you.
Unfortunately its not an air lock problem.
The first place to try for that motor is Espares phone: 0844 9777 888.
Let me know if they have that or you need another supplier?
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a Happy New Year Margaret!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, we have gone through the procedure again and it has stopped making the noise! (we did do this numerous times yesterday without any joy) so, hopefully, it is working properly - time will tell. I haven't, as yet, checked espares but have used them in the past for other parts so will contact them if it re-occurs. Thanks for your info. Have ticked the appropriate face.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Margaret
I will be here if you need me further, sometimes they just jam this way.
As for Espares you would need to call them.
But I do have other sources many infact;-)
Have a great New Year!
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Also, you may not have fully clicked on the face so we can close this for you. Please retry.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

I will click on the face but just to give you an update. The next time we used the machine it started doing the same again. I did check out espares website but it did not show the infuser so, before ringing them, my husband decided to buy the special drill bit in order to remove the casing. He wasn't convinced that the problem needed a new infuser. Anyway, he cleaned everything inside and it has been working properly since. Whether it was just a bit of debris that was stuck somewhere we don't know but if we have another problem he will do the same again before spending another £20

Margaret