George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I am regularly finding a small pool of water just near the

Customer Question

I am regularly finding a small pool of water just near the freezer door
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.-

You have a frozen freezer drain hole...

Firstly, you need to find somewhere to store the contents of the freezer.
With all content of the freezer removed, unplug the power supply to your appliance and allow it to defrost... Defrost can be done naturally over a 36hr period, or 24hr with the door open and the appliance disconnected from the power supply, or 12hr forced, with the door open and with the use of a hair dryer or other warm air implement, being careful not to distort or damage any of the plastic parts in the process.

TIP** Turning-up the heat in the room will speed-up the process.
TIP** Place some towels on the floor of the compartment you are defrosting to soak-up any water created during the defrost procedure

Once this is completed you can then restart the appliance.

Keep an eye on the appliance; if the same problem represents itself over the space of a couple of weeks you'll need to change some parts.

NOTE** If you rate my assistance to you today, I'll be able to remain with you for further assistance and required parts lists which may be needed.

George-Allsorts :

OK, the problem should have been resolved by now... How are we getting along? do you require any further assistance?

Can I also ask you to now take time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems and it is the only way I get credited for the assistance given to you.. This will not cost you any more money.