George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

no matter what programme I choose it always goes to eco wash

no matter what programme I choose it always goes to eco wash flashing and no water comes into machine
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you tell me the model number

Customer:

model number fdw60g

George-Allsorts :

Is the eco light the only light flashing?

Customer:

yes

George-Allsorts :

One moment please

George-Allsorts :

Sorry, is the power light also flashing?

Customer:

no

George-Allsorts :

ok..one moment please

George-Allsorts :

Eco only light flashing is indicating that you have a leak into the base of the appliance

George-Allsorts :

This could be a small puncture in a hose or a leaking seal.. the water causes the float switch to operate...

George-Allsorts :

A faulty float switch could also cause this

George-Allsorts :

Are you capable of pulling out the appliance?

Customer:

yes

George-Allsorts :

If you switch the appliance off, pull out the appliance and tilt it back to see if water comes out of the rear of the base of the appliance

George-Allsorts :

Please take a moment to rate my assistance.. Please use the smiley faces to do this.

George-Allsorts :

I can then assist you further with the problem if you require

Customer:

yes water come out of the base

George-Allsorts :

Please take a moment to rate my assistance.. Please use the smiley faces to do this. Remember, you are rating my assistance to you only

Customer:

some water come into machine and stopped now making gurgling noises and water steaming off

George-Allsorts :

Are you happy with my assistance so far?

Customer:

yes

George-Allsorts :

When the water was taken out of the base, the float switch then allowed the appliance to operate normally...

You now need to turn off the appliance again and take off the side panels to see where the leak is coming from ...

Once the leak is sorted, then, and only then, should you resume use of the appliance

Customer:

thank you for your help but because the machine is old and owes us nothing going to the time and expense of the repair we will probably buy another up to date model.

George-Allsorts :

The repair could just be simply a puncture in a pipe... however, if you are going to relieve yourself of it, then think of putting it onto Findmyrecycler for it to be reused, repaired, recycled or recondition .. Save the Planet type website

George-Allsorts :

Please no take the time to rate my assistance to you with diagnosing your problem