KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Bosch SMS69L02GB/02 is tripping electrics (main RCB). I think

Customer Question

Bosch SMS69L02GB/02 is tripping electrics (main RCB). I think it has an earth fault as I need to unplug applicance to stop tripping electrics. The wash cycle was nearly complete with items clean but water in the bottom (i.e. not completed draining). Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

How old is this Dishwasher ?

JACUSTOMER-2oa2dmn4- :

Hi. I think it is approx. 3 yrs old

JACUSTOMER-2oa2dmn4- :

Hello?

Customer:

OK, with the unit unplugged can you pull it out and clean the drain pump assembly by removing the base plate ...before cleaning you can also lay it on its back so that excess water comes out

Customer:

excess water or leak in the base of the unit can cause this issue

JACUSTOMER-2oa2dmn4- :

I am not sure how to do this?

JACUSTOMER-2oa2dmn4- :

however when I tipped on its back, some water cam out?

Customer:

OK, if water came out then can you just try to plug it back and check if it will trip the electrics again

JACUSTOMER-2oa2dmn4- :

Can this be continued another time please? It may take me some time to plug in and test again.

Customer:

Sure, no problem...after you have cleaned it completely the problem should be resolved..looking at the age of this appliance I believe it just requires cleaning ... If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-2oa2dmn4- :

Is there any guidance on removing the drain pump internally?

Customer:

Please check this Video, it will give you an idea on how to clean it

Customer:

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?