George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Beko Fridge model nos TLDA521S. How do I remove the special

Beko Fridge model nos TLDA521S. How do I remove the special plkastic container (drip tray) ? I can't locate a "lug" to push down to remove and I don't want to break the tray!
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

You need to use a screwdriver to close the locking tab.. see the image below:

Full Size Image

Customer:

Can't make any sense of this image! Where in the tray is this photo meant to be, front? back? middle? How do I access it with a screwdriver?

George-Allsorts :

The tray is all around the image... The image is just a blown-up image of the center locking part of the tray for this appliance

George-Allsorts :

See the arrow shape of the locking tab?

George-Allsorts :

That prevents you just pulling the tray off

Customer:

No Mine does not appear to have this shape. It has a "nurled" nob in the middle/front, then a slot in the centre, somewhat like your photo, but with the first half removed.I cannot really see what is in the middle of this .

George-Allsorts :

One moment please

George-Allsorts :

OK.. when you are looking at the tray.. the tube should come down and attach to the right hand side, yes?

Customer:

You mean the tube from the fridge? This drain hole is to the right above the tray.

George-Allsorts :

OK...

Get a small screwdriver or similar object and put it into the center hole at one side.. push it toward the cenetr and pull the tray at the same time

George-Allsorts :

Im going to try find you a full image of the tray so that you can see what is happening

Customer:

George-Allsorts :

OK.. this image is the wrong way around but it is the best one I could find.. Look at the section circled

Full Size Image

Customer:

Mine is obviously an older version I now have a photo if that helps which I could email to you?

George-Allsorts :

Please

Customer:

Sorry, forget last message, I now understand the picture, but cannot work out how to "close the locking tab" Where on the metal bit do I push/lift to remove the tray?

George-Allsorts :

Once closed slightly.. you pull the tray towards you

Customer:

I have in desperation cut away a piece of plastic to try to see what I'm meant to do and my metal part does not look like your "arrow" Photo on my computer but I'm not a techie, and I can't work out how to send a photo from my computer to your website. I know how to do it from an email address!!

George-Allsorts :

No, the plastic arrow feeds through the metal part

George-Allsorts :

Can you text the photo to my works number #07787182156 ?

George-Allsorts :

OK Chris.. Can you not see on the first photo that you sent, that the plastic goes under the metal part and that there is a slight part on the metal that is sticking down .. This part looks to be preventing the withdrawal of the tray

George-Allsorts :

do you want me to phone you?

Customer:

Ok I have sorted it, but it's the most ridiculous design imaginable for something that is meant to be removed regularly. It requires both plastic sides of the arrow to be squeezed INWARDS (not down as in manual) at the same time as pulling the tray ie at least 3 hands, if not a forth to hold a torch!!! A good design for hiking belt clips maybe, but the back of a fridge ?!!! Not your fault, 'tho next time pointing out that the arrow is a plastic bit, and that you need to wedge the screwdiver at the side, between the upside down metal "U" shape and the plastic arrow and force it sideways, might have solved the problem quicker.

Customer:

I have given you an OK rating because you did try to help, 'tho as I've said it's a rubbish design. I do not need to subscribe to a regular service, so I have cancelled my subscription after your payment

George-Allsorts :

Ahh.. sorry, I have never had to do both sides at once.. never thought of someone else having to do it, but then again I have my strength to bully it..

I will remember what you have said. And I do agree it is a stupid design

I am happy with the OK.. would have liked better, but there we go... I have nothing to do with any requests for subscriptions or anything like it.

I will point out your comments to the JA staff.. I am only an engineer and am here to help you only.. We work towards the better rating and not towards funds.

I am glad that you got it figured out in the end.. Keep my number incase you need it in future.

kind regards

George-Allsorts :

Chris, just as a follow-up to this.. you may like the following

Evaporator Tray

George-Allsorts :

DISCOUNT
When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount