George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hotpoint dishwasher model LFT 114. my dishwasher isn't filling

Customer Question

Hotpoint dishwasher model LFT 114. my dishwasher isn't filling up, all the lights are on, when I put water down in to the filter, it pumps away, there don't seem to be a blockage, any suggestions.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Is the pump running all the time?

George-Allsorts :

also, is every light on or just some of them

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

we have checked the overflow and there is no blockage we then filled the reseviour with hot water and the pump worked imediately

George-Allsorts :

Did the pump continue to run?

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

we also checked to make sure the water had not been switched off ..... all the programme lights are working... the pump only worked for a short time to empty the reservoir and then ceased

George-Allsorts :

Are you saying that ALL the lights are on?

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

not continually we are able to select the programme but nothing happens .... initially when we first encountered the problem we got it to function a couple of time.. but now although we can programme no response.

George-Allsorts :

Are you able to cancel the current program?

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

yes ... we can swith between the various programmes

George-Allsorts :

So, if you cancel the program, it should pump out and stop... Does this happen?

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

No because it is not filling in the first place

George-Allsorts :

OK... Try this... remember, you are my eyes, ears, and hands, so I can only instruct you relative to what you are informing me...

Turn the appliance off...

Get a large pan of HOT tap water and pour it into the base..

Wait for a minute or so, to see if any of the water disappears

Turn on the appliance and then shut the door

Tell me what happens

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

we have already done this

George-Allsorts :

You have done it with the appliance turned off?

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

we poured a kettle of hot water into the reservoir at the base of the machine and the pump reactys almost immediately to discharge the water

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

we then programmed the machine and shut the door but nothing happens

George-Allsorts :

I want you to do it with the appliance off... I also need it to be a lot more water than just one kettle.. and only hot tap water.. not boiling water

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

OK

George-Allsorts :

Exactly in this order....

Turn the appliance off...
Tell me what happens

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

HI...... well we put in about 2/3rds of a bucket of hot water in the bottom of the machine ... then turned on the power and programmed to motion 2 and closed the door ... no response and we assume the water is still in the bottom of the machine.

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

PS we did wait aminute or so before closing the door..

George-Allsorts :

Can you now press reset / cancel for your appliance

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

we have turned off the power button ( on the top of the door of the machine) not at the wall socket ( we assume this is what you mean) as we are not aware of a reset button on the dish washer and then re programmed without opening the door ... but still no response

George-Allsorts :

Sorry.. forgot to tell you to turn the appliance back on

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

we did

George-Allsorts :

OK.. open the door .. Set the program, Close the door

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

switched it off opened the door( noticed the water has gone !!) turned it on again reprogrammed, shut the door ... and nothing

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

is it worth me talking to you on the phone?

George-Allsorts :

Water has gone? .. Can you pull out the appliance?

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

yes

George-Allsorts :

Please do so

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

done

George-Allsorts :

Tilt it back... Have a look to see if any water comes from the rear

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

no we have checked previously

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

just checked again none

George-Allsorts :

Then in this case the water has pumped out normally... This indicates the normally ending program.. I'm suprised that you didn't hear it though

George-Allsorts :

And you say you cannot now choose a program?

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

so were we

George-Allsorts :

So what do you actually see now?

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

we can select another programme by turning off

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

at present we see the lights indicating the selected programme

George-Allsorts :

Just the program light only?

George-Allsorts :

Have you pressed start... Don't do anything else...

George-Allsorts :

Just press the start button if you haven't done so

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

the green power light and the yellow programme lights are both on as the should be

George-Allsorts :

Have you pressed start...?

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

its intergtated and it starts automatically as we shut the door

George-Allsorts :

Ahh ok... And before.. when you shut the door the pump would start?

George-Allsorts :

Yes?

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

yes.. it would drain off the excessive water that we manually filled into the bottom of the machine

George-Allsorts :

OK... Has the appliance produces any flashing lights to indicate a fault yet?

George-Allsorts :

produced**

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

no.... but where would it produce such lights? do you mean flashing programme lights if so NO.... the programme lights are normal working as they should

George-Allsorts :

OK... open the door again and re-press the program button ( just in-case it didn't program the first time round )... Do as you would do if the appliance had just been loaded with dishes

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

done.... nothing happens...

George-Allsorts :

No error codes?

George-Allsorts :

ie. several lights coming on at the same time

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

no

George-Allsorts :

OK... You have a programming issue... You need to check for broken wires in the loom where the loom folds under the door bottom into the base, and if no fault can be found in the wiring there, you need to change the pcb.

George-Allsorts :

I would also advise you to inspect the pcb for damage... you may find that a connecton on the board is bad

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

what is the pcb i assume is the programme wiring which is probably beyond my capability

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

would you have any idea about potential costs so we can decide whether or not just to replace?

George-Allsorts :

one moment

George-Allsorts :

The PCB is the programmer behind the fascia panel.. The one that has the buttons on it that you press to start the programme

One moment and I'll find the cost

George-Allsorts :

can you get me the serial number as there are several bouards and they depend on this

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- : ###-##-####*********** /p>
George-Allsorts :

The modules are around £60 to purchase and you'll need to get the right one identified as there are two for your appliance, then you will have labour to fit them unless you do it yourself..

I would appreciate a rating at this time if you will

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

THAT COMES LATER AS i DO NOT KNOW THE OUTCOME

JACUSTOMER-8usrii8q- :

however a phone call would be far quicker and thanks so far

George-Allsorts :

What do you mean by "THAT COMES LATER AS i DO NOT KNOW THE OUTCOME"?

George-Allsorts :

Likewise.. I can allow you to have the assistance by phone but that would cost you to get the service.. I shall sent you the service request though but it is up to you if you want to use it

George-Allsorts :

Sent