George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have an AEG fridge freezer and it has just atarted flashing

We have an AEG fridge freezer and it has just atarted flashing E on the freezer display and F on the fridge display. When you turn it off an on it is alright for a couple of seconds but then flashes E & F. Steve
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you have a look at the label inside the appliance fridge section and give me the product code from the label therein... When you type it back to me, place a # ***** before the numbers so that I can see them

Customer:

It is an Electrolux freestanding fridge freezer. Model No. S75628SK13. Serial No. 4A72922776.

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that.. one moment please

George-Allsorts :

OK... There is a fault in the Evaporator Ventilation of your appliance

George-Allsorts :

I can send you a list of all the fault codes for that appliance if you wish

Customer:

Thank you for that. Please send me the fault codes. What can I do to get it fixed?

George-Allsorts :

Hi Steve, it means that the evaporator is iced up.. you will need to find somewhere to store the contents of the freezer.
With all content of the freezer removed, unplug the power supply to your appliance and allow it to defrost... Defrost can be done naturally over a 36hr period, or 24hr with the door open and the appliance disconnected from the power supply, or 12hr forced, with the door open and with the use of a hair dryer or other warm air implement, being careful not to distort or damage any of the plastic parts in the process.

TIP** Turning-up the heat in the room will speed-up the process.
TIP** Place some towels on the floor of the compartment you are defrosting to soak-up any water created during the defrost procedure

Once this is completed you can then restart the appliance.

George-Allsorts :

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask you to take a moment to rate my assistance to you? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me and my assistance to you, and nothing else...