George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Model # ***** L 84A605UC/46 Dishwasher does not heat water and

Customer Question

Model # ***** L 84A605UC/46 Dishwasher does not heat water and continually runs unless it is manually stopped. Runs to 1 minute time but does not complete the cycle and continues to wash. When it is opened manually the water is lukewarm, not hot steam as when working properly.
1. Is it a heating element that I need?
2. Could it be the control module?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

1. It could be the Instantaneous Water Heater or the Thermostat that is on it..

2. It could be the Control Module, however it is unlikely to be the actual module; it is more likely that you'll need to check the module for dry joints on the heater relay

I would test the Thermostat first.. it resides on the top of the housing for the heater; then using an insulation tester, test the hearer.. If they both check out as ok, then check the module for dry joints

George-Allsorts :

Is everything sorted now or do you require further assistance with this?

JACUSTOMER-8qjzzomp- :

Dear ***** - Allsorts,

JACUSTOMER-8qjzzomp- :

Hello George,

JACUSTOMER-8qjzzomp- :

Hello George, First of all you probably think I'm nuts for the sending the first 2 greetings, I actually was trying to get rid of them. For the Matter at hand . Do you have a picture of where I will find these things? Also do I use a multi meter to check the thermostat? and what is a dry joint? would these things cause it to not cycle correctly? and why does the code fault not register what may be the problem? is there a manual that I can Download for repair or at least see some diagrams? Thanks Russ

George-Allsorts :

I don't have an image but if you take off the right hand side panel you will see it in front of you...

The Thermostat resides in the top of the heater.. you check the thermostat with a multimeter on the ohms setting, to start and as you warm it with your hand it will change... if it doesn't it is faulty..

A dry joint is a soldered joint that has gone bad.. Best action there is to just refresh the joints on the relays...

The module will react to incomplete programs by leaving a 1 remaining in the screen.. that is what it is programmed to do... It does the same if it finds a fault as described, or an earth leak.

T

George-Allsorts :

There are no manuals as far as I am aware, the best of tutorage other than from the manufacturers, or direct from us engineers, seems to be from Youtube these days

George-Allsorts :

This would be mainly due to the fact that most appliances are built differently even if you see them as the same

George-Allsorts :

Lid off, Screws out of front of panel, Sometimes two screws at rear of panel, lift & tilt, and the panel is off... The water heater is there at the base of the tank...

Make sure the power is off before you attempt any work on it..

-------------------
Can I ask you to now take time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems and it is the only way I get credited for the assistance given to you.. This will not cost you any more money.