George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Good morning, Bosch built in dishwasher -"check water supply"

Good morning, Bosch built in dishwasher -"check water supply" symbol continuously flashing and machine appears to be constantly trying to drain. Machine was empty and switched off prior to problem: which began following a burst cold water pipe which supplies machine and kitchen sink. Thank you.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you undo the appliance and remove it from its housing, then tell me if any water comes out from its rear at the base

Customer:

Hello George, thanks for responding. Unfortuately, I have been unable to pull it out from the kitchen unit it is fitted into. I have removed the starhead screws and wound the rear leg up but cannot pull the machine out. It does sound as if there is water still in the machine. It will not reset and I am unable to set a program.

George-Allsorts :

OK.. There will be screws at the top edge ( and sometimes at the side too ) as you open the door.. you need to remove these in order to release the front end.. also, wind up the front legs

If you can't get the appliance out, then you will need to remove the front door covering.. ( ie. the one that looks like the rest of the kitchen ) and the plate at the bottom behind it to gain access to the water... Use a towel to soak it up.

MAKE SURE THE POWER TO THE DISHWASHER IS DISCONNECTED BEFORE DOING THIS

Customer:

OK, thanks, ***** ***** did unscrew all I could see. I will look again and wind the front legs up. I will be some time due to work.

Customer:

Hi George, managed to drag it out. Tipped it back about 45 degees a few times water came out and now its making noises like a proper dishwasher Could not have done it without you. Thanks a lot.

Customer:

Pete