George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Good morning! We have a Zanussi drier that stopped working

Good morning!
We have a Zanussi drier that stopped working towards the end of a cycle.
The machine isn't coming on when the start button is pushed. There is power to the machine and the lights are on. We have cleaned all filters and condenser, but no luck!
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you post the Product code please

Customer:

product code: ZDC68560W

Customer:

The product code is ZDC68560W

George-Allsorts :

No sorry, that is the model number...

The product code for that model should be #916096802 with either 01, 02, 03, or 04 behind it

Customer:

the model number is ***** Product Code 916 096 802 01

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that

George-Allsorts :

One moment whilst I check the information for that appliance please

Customer:

Thanks George

George-Allsorts :

Is the dial on the left or right of the buttons on your dryer?

Customer:

The dial is on the left of the buttons. The machine type is P542967 if this is helpful.

George-Allsorts :

I am trying to find out which fascia yours has.. there are 4 different ones for your product code

George-Allsorts :

Have you got 12345 with a small window

George-Allsorts :

or
8765
1234
with a large window?

Customer:

I could email a photo of the machine, if that was helpful. I don't have those numbers with a window. There is small clock which can give ERR if you change programme. The Serial number is ***** if this is helpful?

George-Allsorts :

Yes please can you post n image here or text one to my works phone #07787182156

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that...

George-Allsorts :

You have the EDR 2000

Customer:

Thanks George - not obvious from labels on machine.

George-Allsorts :

That is the style of machine... good to know for future reference...

George-Allsorts :

Now, I can walk you through the diagnostics for your machine or give you the diagnostics sheet.. which do you prefer?

Customer:

either one would do - that is if you think we can follow the diagnostics sheet?

George-Allsorts :

If I send you the diagnostics, you can go through step by step to see which part of the appliance is faulty...

Then you can come back to me to follow-up to let me know what the diagnostics have shown.. does that sound ok..

Customer:

yes, that's fine. thanks George

George-Allsorts :

91609680201

George-Allsorts :

Can you download it straight away as it will only be there for 5 minutes

George-Allsorts :

Let me know when you have it

Customer:

Hi again george.

Customer:

The display read C7 and is now reading E5E

Customer:

Any ideas?!

George-Allsorts :

OK.. One moment please

George-Allsorts :

OK.. so you used the instructions to access the diagnostics and then where did you go from there?

George-Allsorts :

E5E or E53

Customer:

E5E

George-Allsorts :

OK.. One moment

George-Allsorts :

According to the SM.. If you go into the diagnostics and then turn the dial immediately to position 11 on the dial then you will get the error code

George-Allsorts :

did you do that?

Customer:

We're getting E50as the reading

George-Allsorts :

Press position 6 (start/pause) and position 4 (buzzer) simultaneously for at least 5 seconds: the display shows the last alarm

The E means that there is an error, The 5 means that the error is to do with the motor driving family,

This means that it is likely that the inverter board for the motor has an iss or the motor triac has an issue....

George-Allsorts :

E51 Motor power triac short-circuited. Motor faulty. Wiring faulty. Electronic board faulty.Cycle interrupted.
E52 Intervention of motor overheating safety cut-out.
Motor faulty. Intervention of motor overheating cut-
out. Wiring faulty. Electronic board faulty.
Power to the heater unit and reversal of the
direction of rotation are interrupted. If the
problem does not re-occur, the alarm is
memorized and the cycle continues. If the
fault persists after several attempts to supply
power (about 35 min.), alarm E51 is
generated
E53 Motor triac "sensing" circuit faulty. Electronic board faulty. Cycle interrupted.
E54 Motor inoperational.
Excessive wash load. Voltage too low.
Motor/transmission system inoperative.
Cycle paused after several attempts at
powering the motor.

George-Allsorts :

Try unplugging the machine from the wall for atleast 10 minutes and then try the machine again..

George-Allsorts :

E50 again means that the fault is to do with the motor

George-Allsorts :

or the board that drives it

Customer:

The number that is coming up is E50, so what should we do next? Do you recommend that we ring an engineer?

George-Allsorts :

The motor is an inverter driven motor.... Try unplugging the machine from the wall for atleast 10 minutes and then try the machine again..

Then if it doesn't respond you will need to request an engineer to call out

George-Allsorts :

Keep hold of the file as it will assist any engineer that has to call out to the appliance

George-Allsorts :

I must go off now as I have a booked call to do... I will be back on later if you need me though

Please remember to rate my assistance to you before you go off as it is the only way I get credited for helping you

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair