George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

How do we fix our Hotpoint EW91S fan oven? The fan continues

How do we fix our Hotpoint EW91S fan oven? The fan continues to run and we have to turn it off at the mains. We have replaced the whole light fitting which exploded but no luck!
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Which fan are you meaning.. The oven fan inside the oven, or the cooling fan that cooles the cavity?

JACUSTOMER-6tbaqyx7- :

The oven fan inside the oven I think. It's the one I can see behind the element.

George-Allsorts :

It is likely the selector switch shorted when the light blew

JACUSTOMER-6tbaqyx7- :

The controls on the oven are working as they should be it is just the fan that is the problem. Is it likely that this switch will sort it out? How difficult will it be to change the switch ourselves?

George-Allsorts :

If you have not altered the wiring, and you do not have a shorted cable, then the selector is the only part connected inlie to the fan other than the heater element and therefore this can be the only issue in my opinion...

It is not that easy to change unless you are able to strip parts of your cooker.. You will need to have the switch identified also, in order to get the correct one.

JACUSTOMER-6tbaqyx7- :

Thank you for your help and advice. I think we need to look for a new cooker now!

George-Allsorts :

I would say that it is possible to get an engineer to do the job probabl cost less than £100

Michael, Would you like me to give you a link that will allow you to find a technician local to you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes info for a local technician would be appreciated. Thanks for that George and Happy New Year.

Michael, you can use this link to get an appliance technician local to you Find an Engineer