Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hello the oven in the house I purchased has never seemed to

Customer Question

Hello the oven in the house I purchased has never seemed to work particularly well - the temperature seems off and sometimes it doesn't seem to heat up properly at all.
The model is : siemens pull out oven HB564550B
Can anyone help me with what this might be?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Is the fault the same on both the fan assist setting and the convectional setting?

Is the fan inside the oven running on fan assist?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi both settings don't seem to heat up effectively the non-fan option seems worse than the fan actually. I'm not sure what you mean by fan assist,

Ailsa

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if both settings are doing the same then all it can be is the thermostat as thats the only part they use the same on both settings.

From the sounds of this the thermostat will need to be replaced and that will sort the fault out. As theres no calibration on there you can do as its a sealed unit so when the thermostat fails like this all you can do is replace it.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.