Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

HOTPOINT DISHWASHER FDF780G TABLET NOT BEING RELEASED DURING

HOTPOINT DISHWASHER FDF780G TABLET NOT BEING RELEASED DURING WASHING CYCLE.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

So when the cycle is finished and you open the door is the tablet door still closed or is it open but has the tablet all musshed up in there?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I confirm that when the wash cycle is finished and the door is opened the tablet door is still closed and the tablet intact inside, so for some reason the washing cycle has not triggered the release of the tablet /tablet door.

For your information the table door is not jammed or clogged up and opens freely when manually operated by me.

B W

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that. If the tablet drawer just isnt opening at all then its more then likely the dispenser itself at fault.

Remove the outer door panel and there you will see the back of the dispenser. Check the wires are on there ok.
If the wires are fine then you need a multi meter and pull the wires off and test the coil on the dispenser. If this is faulty then you need to replace the dispenser itself as its the coil when engiergised that opens the door flap so if this is faulty then the door flap wont open and you get this fault.

But if the dispener is ok then the control board will be the problem not sending the power to the dispenser. But 8 times out of 10 its usually the dispenser itself is the fault when you get this problem.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for your answer, could you confirm what I will be testing for with the multi meter ie volts, open/closed circuit, resistance, and details of how this is done ie power on/off settings on dishwasher etc.

BW

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

You need test the coil on there for a resistance reading. Usually its a Kohm reading so set the meter to a Kohms setting and see what resistance you get.

So you need to do this with the wires off the coil and the dishwasher unplugged.