Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

hi, Flavel finesse 100 serial number FN 10 FRSP. Dual fuel

Customer Question

hi, Flavel finesse 100 serial number FN 10 FRSP. Dual fuel range cooker. Left side oven not switching on. Left side grill works fine, but oven not turning on (no red "on" light, no oven light, no warmth). I have set the oven clock and have checked the leads to the switch from the inside (I opened it up yesterday). Any ideas what may be the problem/what I should check for?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If the left hand side oven isnt comming on at all and the clock is set then its more then likely the thermal cut out is faulty.

What you need to do is pull the oven out and remove the back panel. From there look on the back of the oven cavity and usually on the right hand side there will be a thermal cut out on there with 2 wires going to it.

You need to test this with a multi meter and if faulty then it will need to be replaced.

Check that and see what you find as from what you say its more then likely going to be the thermal cut out at fault here.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks! I don't have a multi meter so I'll check it tomorrow evening. Hopefully that'll be the problem sorted

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries im sure you will find thats the fault as ive replaced loads of them in the past for this fault.