adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Just Answer Moderator
Experience:  Just Answer Moderator
74353250

Fridge freezer

Customer Question

Fridge freezer
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is George; I am sorry to hear you are having problems... I will assist you with answers to your problem. I am not on the site constantly so kindly be patient whilst awaiting answers.. I will return to your question.

Firstly, you need to find somewhere to store the contents of the freezer.
With all content of the freezer removed, unplug the power supply to your appliance and allow it to defrost... Defrost can be done naturally over a 36hr period, or 24hr with the door open and the appliance disconnected from the power supply, or 12hr forced, with the door open and with the use of a hair dryer or other warm air implement, being careful not to distort or damage any of the plastic parts in the process.

TIP** Turning-up the heat in the room will speed-up the process.
TIP** Place some towels on the floor of the compartment you are defrosting to soak-up any water created during the defrost procedure

Once this is completed you can then restart the appliance.

Keep an eye on the appliance; if the same problem represents itself over the space of a couple of weeks you'll need to change some parts.

NOTE** If you rate my assistance to you today, I'll be able to remain with you for further assistance and required parts lists which may be needed.

JACUSTOMER-iiprtwo6- : the fidge freezer has already been defrosted,turned off and then restarted, as I said it may be to do with the digital display, could it be in demo mode? Thanks Clive.
JACUSTOMER-iiprtwo6- : The fridge freezer has already been defrosted, turned off and then restarted,as I said it may be to do with the digital display, could it be in demo mode?
George-Allsorts :

Thank you for that information.. this was not apparent in your original fault information... I shall investigate your system information and diagrams and get back to you

George-Allsorts :

Sorry Clive, I am going to opt out of this as I can not find any information regarding your system

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam