Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Good morning, Samsung American fridge. The ice tray turns out

Customer Question

Good morning, Samsung American fridge. The ice tray turns out the ice cubes and then uncouples from the support bracket at the pointed end which in turn pulls the other end out.I have returned both ends in to the correct supports but the same problem occurs.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.
May I have the model # ***** your fridge?
Also how old approximately it is?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Morning Michael, Thank you for your prompt reply.

Didn't reply to your first e-mail --it arrived at 3.36 am----Its called a Side by Side Refrigerator---the only info I can find on the instructions are--------DA99-00494V REV(0.4)-------we inherited the fridge when we bought this house--would guess it is approx. 5-8 years old

Hope this is of assistance.

REgards

Peter

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Peter,
Is the part you are talking about just the end hinges on the tray?
One per side?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Afternoon Michael,

Correct ,it is the two end hinges---one end is cylindrical ,which appears to be just supporting the tray--the other end ,cuboid shaped, which appears to be attached to an electrical type of motor which I guess turns the tray over to empty it when the water has turned to ice.

Hope this helps

Peter

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Peter,
They used to sell those parts as stand alone without needing to replace the ice maker. Espares is a good place to check on that, also they ship same day if they have it;-)
Hopefully you can get just those two pieces.
Here is their contact information, its best to call for this stuff.
Parts
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a Happy New Year Peter!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Morning Michael,

Can you confirm that the Fridge Model number I gave you was correct?This will make it easier when I order any spare parts.

Peter

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Peter,
Sorry but that isn't the model # ***** the manuals #.
open the fridge door, and look very carefully at the edges of the door and the around the frame for that.
You can also look on the right and left walls inside for the model #.
Let me know if you see it.