Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi hob showing L on all 4 and not able to proceed from there

Hi hob showing L on all 4 and not able to proceed from there help!
Catriona
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.
May i have the make and model # ***** your HOB?
Also how old it is approx?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hob is approx 5 years old and name on hob is SChott CEran there is no ID number visible and we have no paper work for it
Catriona
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Catriona,
The problem is the Main control board that needs to be replaced. its easy to do with just a few basic hand tools, but you will need the model # ***** the part# ***** order a new board.
Look all over the unit it may be even underneath it somewhere. if you locate that I can assist you further;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Catriona.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cannot get under hob due to cutlery drawer directly above will probably need joiner to remove drawer
Do you know what a board would cost or are we as we'll getting new hob?
Thanks catriona
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Cat,
if it were me considering the age and cost of about $200. for a new board I would really replace the HOB.
Even thats not too difficult to do if you are handy. But may places will deliver and install that for you.
I'm here if you need me further.
Please rate kindly.
Have a happy new Year Carriona.