Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Where can I buy a replacement cog (toothed) wheel for an automatic

Customer Question

Where can I buy a replacement cog (toothed) wheel for an automatic constant water pump HT-WM-P-300GX2?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 1 year ago.
Customer:

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. It is certainly available but I was not able to contact the supplier. For sure Alibaba would have it available but it would be best to contact them first to confirm this is it: CLICK HERE

JACUSTOMER-3iquh93s- :

I have already been checking online suppliers. I want a supplier in UK who can provide the part I described for the Hitachi model I gave.

Customer:

Have you contacted a local pump supplier in your area? I order parts regularly from local suppliers. No one will have one on the shelf.

JACUSTOMER-3iquh93s- :

Yes, I have and the guy who installed the pump in my attic is looking here in Phnom Penh. He has so far not been able to find one. I have a friend visiting UK now for a few days so if I can get one delivered to him in a week he might bring in back for me. I have seen what it looks like and its a wheel about 4/5 inches diam with teeth. It got damaged by some string or something in the tank. It's part of a pump we use to keep the pressure high in the house. Isn't there a Hitachi supplier in UK who can recognise the part and the model. That's why I asked you, in UK.

Customer:

Any supplier in the UK is going to order it from Hitachi. The same as you could do from there. I guess I am not sure why you would not order from Alibaba. You could order it from the site I sent and they would send it to you much quicker than you could have your friend order it in the UK then bring it to you. The process to get it in the UK is the same as from where you are now. You can confirm with the site that the impeller that is on the site link I sent is the correct one. I am somewhat sure that it is but not certain.

JACUSTOMER-3iquh93s- :

I tried the link you gave and it doesn't work. I also tried Alibaba and was sent round and round. Not impressed by them. To have a part sent from China or Japan to me here I normally need to order more than one piece and the post is unreliable so it may well never get here (as has happened in the past). The process in Uk would surely be that a Hitachi agent would check his stock and get one sent to me there. Alibaba simply adds another step and doesn't actually recognise the part, so I go hunting through thousands of pages of various machine parts. I thought you'd know a supplier in Uk who would help. Ok, thanks. Sorry, but this didn't help much.

Customer:

I understand. I am sure you would still have to order it and it is hard for me to say which specific supplier to order from. Would you be able to order it from Pedrolo and have them ship it to your friend in the UK? here

JACUSTOMER-3iquh93s- :

No idea. Never heard of Pedrolo. Now you are asking me questions I hoped you would answer. I have to go to the gym now. I'll check back later.

Customer:

I understand the reasoning for wanting to order in the UK. The reality is you will certainly have to order it no matter what. Your friend is not going to be able to just go to a local shop and pick one up. The best would be to call a shop that is in the town your friend is in. There is a local pump supply there. Order the part and pay by phone and have your friend pick it up there in 10 days or so.