Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a 2013 Swift caravan with a Dometic fridge RMD 8501.

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Swift caravan with a Dometic fridge RMD 8501. The problem is the unit keeps turning its self on and off
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please continue the search... When switched on there seems to be some sort of connection problem, it bleeps every few minutes and the blue LED light goes off, will not cool at all.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that. Is this a gas issue or electric with your fridge?
Please be specific about the what is actually turning on and off and if it requires you to reset it to get it to turn back on or does it turn back on by itself?
Also how old is your fridge?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we think it is electrical, it can be turned on but the LED displays keep flashing on and off and bleeping. It is not cooling at all. It is 2 years old.

Many thanks.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that. Will it work on gas at all?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cant get it to switch to gas as the controls dont light up at all now! We are going to get some batteries for the control panel so that we can hopefully try it on gas.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, it really confirms my suspicions.
What you need is a new control board.
If you are handy you can replace that yourself with my assistance, no soldering involved.
Or if you rather an RV repair shop can replace that for you.
Please let me know which route you would like to take?
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day.
Tech Michael