Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi, I have a Miele ESW 5 series warming drawer and the door

Hi, I have a Miele ESW 5 series warming drawer and the door will not close. It sits about and inch away from being fully closed. Looking through the vent at the back of the drawer a small black arm typr object is on the bottom of the cabinet and would appear to be the cause. This has only just happend and up until now the drawer has closed just fine. I have tried to take the drawer out to see what the object is but can only take the entire cabinet out of the kitchen cabinet. Is there a way to pull the drawer off the runners so i can access the bottom of the drawer?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that.
The problem could be the switch or the latch inside that has jammed or its possible that there may be something that simply fell down there.
In any case, open the draw, and look carefully, depending on the guide rails used, there is one clip per side that need to be released to remove the draw. It can be difficult to see. Make sure you use a good light source to find the clips and they press in to release.
Let me know if that helps. I will be here for you until we have this fixed.
Thank you and have a Happy New Year!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, happy new year.

I am unable to locate the clip on either rale left or right? I have used a good light source as you suggested but cant see them?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Chris,
Happy New Year to you as well ;-)
Yes they can be hard to spot, when you pull the draw all the wy out as far as it will go, see if you can spot it back there usually they are tiny tabs that press in.
Let me know how that goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael.

I am at work presently so will have another look later on when I get in.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thats ok Chris, I believe the switch likely broke in a bad position as happens quite a bit on these so it wont close all the way.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Chris.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, I have been away over the weekend and on business until last night so have been unable to repsond sooner. I have searched and searched but am unable to find any clips or tabs either side of the cabinet/rails. I have extended the drawer as you have said all the way?

When you say tiny, how tiny and can you give me a steer where they are liklely to be. Are you able to sketch a drawing and send?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi the clips really don't look like clips. They are tiny press in tabs made of metal so they blend in pretty well. The best I could explain is to look carefully on the inner and outer edges of the draw and the rails(guides.
Let me know how it goes.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, i think I know where these are. Fingers crossed!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Hi not sure if Michaele is avaialble but i am still having difficulty locating these clips, can anyone help?