Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi ThereCan you assist with a query about a Beko DWD5411w

Hi There Can you assist with a query about a Beko DWD5411w dishwasher

Runs and washes as expected

Always run with salt - does not appear to use much but does go down.

Hard water London area

Now everything comes out of a wash with a white film on the surface

Glasses appear milky, as if rubbed with sand

Ran a washer bottle cleaner on full temp and regularly clean out the two filters in the bottom of the wash area.  Topped up rinse aid.

The manual indicates setting for hard and soft water but the DWD5411W does not have this facility or the display the manual describes.

Regards,

Marti

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

Hi, how old is your dishwasher? Also when did this film first begin to appear?

Michael :

please visit this site for some tips on clearing this up

Michael :

http://www.ehow.com/info_8250006_do-dishes-white-stuff-dishwasher.html

Michael :

I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.

Thank you and have a Happy New Year!

Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marti,
Thank you and have a Happy New Year!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Happy New Year.

The Dishwasher is a Beko DWD 5411 W - purchased in about 2010. Your idea about a calcium film fits the issue. I will try and clean some pieces with vinagar later.

I wondered if the problem has been caused by accidentally lowering the salt input in each wash. The manual describes using the buttons to set the level for hard and soft water BUT the description does not apply to the DWD 5411 W as it does not have a display.

Appreciate your thoughts on this or anything else I can test try.

Cheers,

Marti

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marti,
yes that could cause this as well. A rinse aid usually helps. But salt will cause these problems too.
Try the vinegar let me know how it works. I will also see what else is available for you.
Hope you had a happy new year!
Tech Michaael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yep, Wiped one side of a stainless ladel with malt vinager and the bloom or film went. Just need to find out how to reset the salt input and then go with your earlier suggestion of rinsing the machine with white vinager.

Any thoughts on the re-set?

Probably use this service again. Amazing what you can fix with a pointer from someone experienced :)

Marti

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marti, there really no need to reset this, but it may take a few washes to really notice that you have done this;-)
Please rate kindly at this point, I will still be here for you. No additional cost to you.
Have a great day Marti.
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hoping you may have been able to advise how to reset the Anti Calcium salt to max. The low setting is not sufficient to prevent the scale getting worse

Regards,

Marti

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marti, to reset the salt system all you would do is disconnect the int from power for 20 full minutes. then it will reset.
But I think you have another issue going on here.
It sounds like the salt valve (a part of the system tray) under the salt bin is not regulating any longer. You will need to replace that part to get this to work correctly again. I will help you do this, its pretty easy requiring just a few basic hand tools.
The place I would try for this part and you may need the whole salt bin assembly as I believe its sold as one piece is Espares.
I have listed all their contact info for you below. Its best to call them for this part.
Thank you and have a great day !
Tech Michael
Please call Espares Marti:
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Your theory sounds correct - have not topped up the salt for .....AGES. Not sure how long. I will order the parts you suggested and rate your answer this weekend - thank you brilliant service.

Marti

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marti,
usually if the unit is running correctly the salt will last quite a while. You may indeed have hard water but maybe not as bad as you thought lol;-)
Also it still doesn't take much salt at all to counter act the water condition.
Please rate kindly at this time. No additional cost to you for that but I will still be here for you anytime you need me.
Thank you Marti.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Please excuse the delay in rating your answer. Thank's for all your help and repeated assistance to resolve the issue with the dishwasher.

The issue with the cloudy finish was, as you surmised, salt related in a hard water area. The salt pump was OK but the settings for the dispenser were wrong and not helped by the manufacturer's manual having incorrect information.

Thanks again.