George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hi, I have a Bosch dishwasher SVG53E03GB74. The pump continues

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Bosch dishwasher SVG53E03GB74. The pump continues to run with the door open or closed and the cycle will not start. 3 lights are on, the add rinse aid, 65 degree and 50 degree. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Bill
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

One moment please

George-Allsorts :

Sorry Bill, can you check the model number as I can find no information relating to the model you gave

George-Allsorts :

It does sound like you have water in the base though.. take off the panel underneath the door to check this, or remove the dishwasher from its housing and tilt it backward looking for water pouring from the base of the appliance

George-Allsorts :

Let me know what happens and meanwhile I'll try access further information

JACUSTOMER-ftpalprg- :

Thanks George. The part number should read SGV not SVG. Apart from that is correct. I had seen that water in the base may also be a problem and had tipped the machine backward. Sorry forgot to mention that. I have also taken the water fill matrix off the side and am bleaching some gunk out of it at the moment. The float also looks a bit mucky but can't work out how or whether to take that off at the moment. Bill

George-Allsorts :

Hi Bill, Thanks for the correction on the Model number / ENr.. it did the job; I now have the diagrams

George-Allsorts :

What did you discover whe you tipped back the appliance?

George-Allsorts :

ie. was it dry, or was there water protruding the base?

JACUSTOMER-ftpalprg- :

It was dry and no evidence of leaks on the floor.

George-Allsorts :

Thanks Bill.. the next place to check is the wiring at the bottom of the door where it crosses from the door to the body.. Check for breaks in the cabling.

If you have a megger (insulation tester) available also test for leaks in the heater insulation...

JACUSTOMER-ftpalprg- :

Thanks George. I am going to have to come back to this and go and pack as I am leaving for a holiday in the morning. I was hoping it would just be a faulty part which could be quickly diagnosed and I could order and repair the machine when I get back but it appears more checking is required. I do have a meter. How do I get at the heater terminals. Presumably underneath somewhere and I can't see any wiring between door and body on first look. Not sure how this service works. Can I respond with my findings when I return next week. Thanks Bill...Happy New Year

George-Allsorts :

The heater terminals are the right hand side panel. The wiring: If you remove the outer door and then the outer door panel, this will give you access to both the wiring at the bottom and to the pcb at the top

George-Allsorts :

You can come back to me with a followup if you lock me in with a rating

George-Allsorts :

Have a good time away.. and obviously, my best wishes for a Happy New Year

JACUSTOMER-ftpalprg- :

Thanks for you help so far George and I'll follow up next week when I am back. Bill

OK Bill.. Just use the same link