George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hi I have a hot point vision condenser tumble dryer. It will

Customer Question

Hi I have a hot point vision condenser tumble dryer. It will start if I turn it off and then back on but then it stops and all the lights flash?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can I have the model number please

JACUSTOMER-h4aiwucc- : Vhc680c condenser hotpoint tumble dryer
George-Allsorts :

Vhc680c I not a Hotpoint Model Number... Can you confirm that you are meaning Hoover rather than Hotpoint, else can you supply the correct Model Number

JACUSTOMER-h4aiwucc- : Yes it's a Hoover not hotpoint model number is *****
George-Allsorts :

OK.. before we start I want you to perform a RESET of the main board by pressing the Start / Pause button and holding it pressed for 3 seconds at which time the machine should display 0:00 and Beep 3 times

JACUSTOMER-h4aiwucc- : The machine does not have a display
George-Allsorts :

Can you give me the code starting with 31 from the appliance please

George-Allsorts :

That should read:

I want you to perform a RESET of the main board by pressing the Start / Pause button and holding it pressed for 3 seconds at which time any display on the machine should display 0:00 and Beep 3 times

George-Allsorts :

Once you have done this, I want you to start thr program again and when it stops with flashing lights I want you to tell me how many times it flashes before it takes a break and then starts flashing again

JACUSTOMER-h4aiwucc- : There is no display , I have tried pressing and holding start button but it doesn't beep and when I tried the program again it stopped with flashing but didn't take a break but just kept flashing.
George-Allsorts :

OK.. There are 6 lights yes?

George-Allsorts :

I need the code from the label inside the door or on the rear of the machine.. The code is the product code and it begins with 31 normally

JACUSTOMER-h4aiwucc- : 3110039512290152 there are two rows of three lights and the start button light
George-Allsorts :

Thank you for getting that.. without it we are not sure of your exact model...

Now we have the exact model, we need to watch the flashing of the LEDs .. They will flash for a number of times and then pause momentarily before restarting the flashing sequence... I need to know exactly how many times they flash before restarting the sequence.

There will be a pause, you need to watch carefully... video it on your phone ( if your phone is capable) if necessary for me to look at it.

JACUSTOMER-h4aiwucc- : How do I upload the video for you to see?
George-Allsorts :

Use the paperclip on the menu-bar above.. or, send it to "[email protected]"

JACUSTOMER-h4aiwucc- : I have sent video of flashing lights to your email address
George-Allsorts :

Thank you.. I will come back to you one I am in work later today

George-Allsorts :

OK thank you for that Nikki... Below is a sequence that you'll have to go through to find the fault code which will tell me what is wrong with the drier.. Please follow it with care and then return to me to tell me how many times it was flashing:

PREPARING AND STARTING THE SELF-DIAGNOSTIC SEQUENCE:

1a) Empty the Dryer and plug it in. The Dryer must be OFF and the door CLOSED.

1b) PUSH AND HOLD the START button and contemporarily turn the Programs Selector knob
to the position # ***** The Delay Start LED becomes lighted and stays lit with FIXED light.

1c) RELEASE the START button, then PUSH AND RELEASE IT TWICE, within 2 seconds. The
AUTO-TEST sequence is then automatically started.

AUTOMATIC CARRYING OUT OF THE SELF-DIAGNOSTIC SEQUENCE:

2a) For 3 seconds, the Delay Start LED (Condenser Type) is lighted fixed. Buzzer beeps 2 times.

2b) All LEDs are lighted fixed. The BUZZER beeps once.

Should any ERROR be present in the Memory, the machine displays the last ERROR that
happened in time. ALL LEDs will blink at 2 Hz for a number of times equivalent to the Error
Number. i.e. LEDs blink 7 times = E7.
After the blinking sequence, the LEDs are turned off for 3 seconds and then the Error
Displaying sequence starts again. This condition is maintained until the moment the
Start button is pressed.

Press again the Start button, the buzzer beeps once and the test goes on. N.B. the Start
button has to be pressed twice only if there is an error to display.

JACUSTOMER-h4aiwucc- : Not sure what position 3?
JACUSTOMER-h4aiwucc- : Have sent pic of the dial
George-Allsorts :

Turn the dial 3 clicks to the right is position #3

On your picture for your machine it is 45'

JACUSTOMER-h4aiwucc- : Tried the only light that comes on is the filter light and that is flashing
George-Allsorts :

So you went through the test and the test ended with the filter light flashing?

JACUSTOMER-h4aiwucc- : No I held start button and turned dial to position 3 and the filter light flashed and the no other light came on
George-Allsorts :

Was the dryer empty and pluged in but switched off on the dial with the door closed

JACUSTOMER-h4aiwucc- : Yes
George-Allsorts :

Can you press and hold the START button for 3 seconds until it beeps please and then try again

George-Allsorts :

By the way, can I ask, are you happy with the assistance I have given you so far?

JACUSTOMER-h4aiwucc- : I have never got this machine to beep. Have tried again still nothing different
George-Allsorts :

Then you have a fault with the control module of the appliance.. and you will need an appliance technician to call to remedy the fault

George-Allsorts :

The instructions I have given you are direct from the manufacturer