Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The chiller section of My inspire fridge freezer has stopped

The chiller section of My inspire fridge freezer has stopped working. The freezer is working .
Is there anything I can do to rectify ? Will not respond to control commands.
Bill
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number of the appliance please. Its usually on a sticker inside the fridge behind the salad box.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model no is
ENB35400W
Type CBNF 350
Product no925030461-01
Series83530007
Hope you can help
Tks
Bill
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that.

The fridge on this model gets its cooling from the freezer section. A fan in the freezer blows the cold air up a vent into the fridge.

So when you get this fault were the freezer is fine but the fridge isnt then the fault will be inside the freezer section. The evaporator or fan will be blocked with ice and this will have stopped the air flow to the fridge.

What you can try is empty the freezer and turn the appliance off for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open. This will allow the ice in there to melt. Then retry the freezer and see how it goes. This should get it going again from there.

But then see how it goes and if it does the same in say 2 weeks time then theres a fault on the automatic defrost side. On these its usually the defrost heater that fails so you need to drop the evaporator housing in the top if the freezer to access this and test it with a multi meter.

But just try the defrost first as hopefully this will get the fridge up and running again.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank You . Very helpful and fast response.

Happy new year.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome and a happy new year to you as well.

If you could also rate the answer if you havent already that would be great.