Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Zanussi ZDF221 All lights come as normal but will

Customer Question

Zanussi ZDF221 Dishwasher. All lights come as normal but will not start

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

When you start it going do you hear any noise at all from it at the bot***** *****ke a humming noise?

If you just leave it like this after a while will the end light flash? If so count the number of flashes from it inbetween the pause and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Left switched on and after 20 minutes suddenly switched itself on. Am trying now to see if it completes a washing cycle

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok just let me know what happens from there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It now seems to work perfectly. It has been suggested that a power failure (which occur often) interrupted or overrode the programmer and shut it off. This may explain why it suddenly burst into life after over 30 mins. The programme was in the middle off a cycle.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Glad to hear its working now and fingers crossed it will stary fine.

A power failure doesnt usually cause this though. It my stop mid cycle but when turned back on and reset it should start stright way.
Now ive replaced quite a few control boards for faults like this in the past and other times they have just carred on working as normal.

So fingers crossed this will be fine but if it happens again and does the same then its more then likely the control board at fault.