Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

how to you pressure test a honeywell gas regulator v600/v8

Customer Question

how to you pressure test a honeywell gas regulator v600/v800
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi . is it on a boiler and what is it you want to test

JACUSTOMER-qlxj0qjg- :

hi, yes it is connected to a baxi 551 boiler and I need to check the gas pressure going through the regulator

Customer:

Ok , on the gas valve will be an inlet test point ( opens with a flat head screwdriver.) Put your u gauge on . without the boiler running you should have a standing pressure of around 21millibar When the boiler fires thevptressure will drop, to 19mb plus or minus 2mb. This drop shows the working pressure of the gas valve .

JACUSTOMER-qlxj0qjg- :

showing 22mb on my gauge ,there is a pressure adjuster screw just below does not seem to alter pressure is there a time issue for testing

Customer:

Sorry ,standing pressure could be as high as 24mb

Customer:

Are you wanting to test the burner pressure?

Customer:

There is an inlet pressure point and burner pressure test point . there will be a pilot adjustment screw , andcthec gas valve regulator screw( under the circular cover)

JACUSTOMER-qlxj0qjg- :

understood,should the outlet pressure tap read 7.4 mb on13.8 kw 47000 btu/h

Customer:

The burner pressure has to be set as it says in the manufacturers instructions . there should be a data badge stating the burner pressure

JACUSTOMER-qlxj0qjg- :

have those details on imformation booklet and on back boiler ,many thanks.

Customer:

Your welcome

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have an indirect heating system ,do I have to leave one radiator on at all times

You have a primary store?
Hi. Don't think you would need a rad on all the time. Back boilers don't have pump overun
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry did not realise I was still able to talk to you,this was an after thought question I thought I had cancelled.Regarding my initial question on pressure test everything ok, many thanks.

Nonprobs , all the best