George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Samsung RL60GQERS Fridge/Freezer and the LED read

I have a Samsung RL60GQERS Fridge/Freezer and the LED read outs on the Control Panel are failing. How easy is it to remove the existing panel (does it just pop out) and insert a new replacement.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

I notice this question has been open for some hours.. Do you still require assistance?

Customer:

As you note I've not had any response, so yes I do still need an answer.

George-Allsorts :

On the control panel cover there are two self tapping screws, they are sometimes hidden behind plastic covers either side of the display... Can you see them?

George-Allsorts :

Once you have undone them, the outer cover will come away to reveal the inner cover

George-Allsorts :

Once this inner cover is removed you will then see two screws to remove the LED assembly

George-Allsorts :

Re-assembly is in reverse

George-Allsorts :

Please remember to rate my assistance

Customer:

I have lifted off the plastic cover, but there are no screws visible.

George-Allsorts :

So what can you see now.. the inner plastic cover?

George-Allsorts :

There are no screws for the inner cover.. that should just come away.. the other screws are on the LED PCB

Here are some diagrams to help you

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

Full Size Image

Customer:

George, many thanks. Yes once I have removed the plastic cover I can see the black inner frame. I will take another closer look tomorrow and attempt to lift it to see if the screws are then visible. Are you ok for me to sign off tomorrow?

George-Allsorts :

If that is what you wish.. I will be here even once you have signed off .. so if you need to ask me a question, please feel free

Customer:

Hi George, I've managed to release the control unit and can see the two screws which secure the electronic card.

Customer:

Sorry pressed the return bar to soon! So I'm going to order the part and replace. Your help has been invaluable and I'll fill in the rating now. Thanks again.