Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I got an issue with the my Hover A Class Frost Free Nextra

I got an issue with the my Hover A Class Frost Free Nextra (HCF517A).
It's the frost free part, and I managed to let the door ajar overnight. I discovered a bit of frost inside the frost free area. its now have been closed for 12 hours. but the food isnt as cold anymore.
The freezer part works just fine.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

What happens when you leave the door open is air gets in and mixes with the cold air and this creates too much ice on the evaporator and stops the airflow to the fridge section and gives this fault.

What you need to do is empty the freezer and turn it off for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open. This will allow it to defrost itself and that should cure the fault from there.

Or another way is empty the freezer and remove the back panel in there and use a hairdryer and defrost the evaporator yourself and again that will do the trick.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This refrigerator has two doors, the freezer which is the lower, where i froze meat. And the freezer, where i store vegetables.

The lower part is doing good. I can feel cold air flow.

The upper meanwhile, is NOT cooling, and theres no air flow. theres also frost at the back part.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Ok so its the fridge section that you are having trouble with?

If you feel the back wall in the fridge does any part of it feel cold?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its cold. and there seem to be frost, at the upper part of the inside wall.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Ok if you feel the compressor at the back at the bottom is it hot to touch?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its a bit warm. but i can touch it.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Ok if it was working ok before the door was left open then i think its over worked. As it would have been running a lot longer then it should have.

What you need to do before anything else is turn it off for 24 hours and let it settle itself down and clear itself.

Then retry it and i think you may find this will be back to normal from there. If not then just get back to me.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok. how about the light? is it burned?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Not sure what you mean abou the light as you havent said anything about it.

Does the light fitting look like it has burnt or melted the plastic holder?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the fridge light.

i dont mean it burnt like catches on fire, it just didn't lighted whenever we open the fridge like always.

it seem to not have functioning ever since we found the fridge

this morning.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Ok what you may find is the light fitting could have melted as if the door was left open the light would have been on as well so the bulb gets to hot and can cause the holder to melt and misshape and stop it from working.

So for this you would need to remove the light fitting and check it and see what you find. Now it may just be a faulty bulb or it may need the complete holder.

Regard
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Just wondering why you have said i have given poor service?

I advised things to try and let me know what happens but you haven come back to say anything?