George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hello, I have a Bosch GL-30 Compact Eco Hepa vacuum cleaner.

Hello, I have a Bosch GL-30 Compact Eco Hepa vacuum cleaner. I bought in August 2014. It has stopped sucking things up and I wondered if you can help? I've changed the back and it still doesn't make a difference. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Charlotte
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Charlotte, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you please let me know the ENr and FD information from the label at the rear / underneath

Customer:

Hi George,

George-Allsorts :

Hello Charlotte

Customer:

Thanks for being in touch. The ENr : BSGL3126GB/03 and the FD is 9401

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that information.. Hang on a few minutes whilst I have a look at which type of vacuum this is please

Customer:

No problem

George-Allsorts :

OK.. At the back of the bag there is a piece that the bag slots into... If you take out the bag and lift this piece up, there is a filter behind it.. can you see it?

Customer:

yes, a box with little squared padded bits, is that it?

George-Allsorts :

Yes, that is the one... Taking note of how you get it iout, can you remove it and check that filter please

Customer:

yes its easy to slide out…. quite flat/thin and doesn't look like there's much in it...

Customer:

there's a black mark on one side of it but nothing of note

George-Allsorts :

OK... Put it back

Customer:

done :)

George-Allsorts :

Next, there is a filter at the top liftup part by the knob on the top.. can you lift the cover and check that one please

Customer:

yes…what am i checking for?

Customer:

it looks a bit dusty and grey, not sure what to do with it...

George-Allsorts :

Again, you are checking to see that it is clean and not covered with a consolidation of dust

George-Allsorts :

Can you try the vacuum without that filter in place then please

Customer:

sure

Customer:

no, still not working and makes quite a racket without the filter in place…. I have just noticed that the bendy tube that sucks up things is blocked...

Customer:

i'm trying to pull out the dusty etc but it's pretty trapped… could you advise how I can clean it out? thanks

George-Allsorts :

Yes, then next thing is the hose

George-Allsorts :

Which end is blocked?

Customer:

i think that might be the problem! the end closes to the machine is blocked

George-Allsorts :

Is it the long straight part, or the bent solid plastic part

Customer:

i've taken some out with my hands but not sure I can get my fingers further in!

Customer:

bendy plastic part

George-Allsorts :

one moment please

Customer:

running into a bit of the hard part at the top

George-Allsorts :

Both ends can be detatched on that model

Customer:

do you mean both hard bits can be detached?

George-Allsorts :

you could use the stale part of a mop or broom to push the blockage from the opposing end

George-Allsorts :

The flexi hose has two hard bits on it.. they stay on

George-Allsorts :

use the stale part of a mop or broom to push the blockage from the opposing end

Customer:

ok, I'll just go get a broom/mop!

George-Allsorts :

OK

Customer:

ok so i've cleared out the tube and i'm going to try it again :)

George-Allsorts :

Excellent.. that can sometimes be difficult to do

George-Allsorts :

That should solve your problem

Customer:

horrah! We have lift off! it's working again! Thanks for holding my hand through it!

George-Allsorts :

Lovely... Happy New Year

Customer:

And to you, happy new year!

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair