Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bosch Classixx 1200washing machine and no water is

I have a Bosch Classixx 1200washing machine and no water is entering the machine. Turned the blue intake button to be inline with the pipe and at right angles still no water entering.
Pene
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also when it should be filling do you hear a humming noise from it?
Have you tried just a rinse cycle to see if this fills?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

model WF02467GB 1200 Classixx express

No humming noise at all but drum turns just no water in it.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok if you set it to a rinse only is it the same on this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes no sound.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok if its doing it on both wash and rinse and theres no humming noise then i dont think its the water valve or the supply to it. But just to make sure turn the water tap off again and remove the fill hose at the back and aim it into a bucket and turn it back on and make sure the pressure is good.

If thats fine then remove the top of the washer and on the right you will see the pressure switch. Its round and will have a few wires on there and a thin hose. Pull this hose off and blow hard down it to clear the pressure chamber.

Then refit the hose and then retry the washer on a wash cycle and see what happens from there and let me know. Fingers crossed it will start to fill again.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Done all that but to no avail just the same!

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok if you set it to a spin only cycle will the pump run and will the drum turn?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No nothing happens.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok so its not just a filling issue then here.

When you set it going will the door lock so you cannot open it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok if the door is locking but it wont do anything like filling , draining, or spinning then its possibley the control unit.

But first not sure if you have checked the filter but if not remove this and check it isnt blocked in there and that the pump impeller at the back can turn ok

Check that and let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The filter was cleaned out at the weekend but whats the pump impeller look like? and where do I check it?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
The pump impeller is X shapped and if you remove the filter again and look inside the chamber were the filter goes you will see the impeller at the back there. Just check theres nothing stuck in there stopping it from turning.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Now my expertise stops because I cannot turn the filter at all, it won't move.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok if it wont turn try using a pair of pliers and if that wont do it then theres something stuck in there stopping you from turning it.

In this case you need to pull the washer out and see if you can go under the washer to remove the pump and hoses to clear it.

If you cannot look under it then you need to remove the front panel to access the pump. But if it just wont move at all then theres something stuck in there stopping it from turning.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for all your help. I have now snapped a piece off the filter plastic so cannot turn it at all seems very jammed still will have to get a washing machine man into do it as I can't solve it!

Regards Pene.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok no worries i think you will find the pump is blocked so at worse they will just replace the pump so hopefully it wont be that bad and expensive for you.

Good luck with it but if you need anymore info just get back to me.