Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi. I have a zanussi aquacycle 1200 fx. Error code is Start/end

Hi. I have a zanussi aquacycle 1200 fx. Error code is
Start/end led flashes twice accompanied by a beep followed by start led flash once with no beep.
What's the error?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok from the error code you have its E23 which is a pump fault.

What you need to do is check the filter at the bottom and give it a good clean out. Then look inside the chamber were the filter goes and at the back in there is the pump impeller. Check there isnt anything stuck in there jamming the impeller up. Then turn the impeller with a screwdriver and it should ping round in stages. If its just stiff to turn then the pump is at fault and will need to be replaced to cure this.

So check them out and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Filter is clean and impeller turns easily.

Any other thoughts?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
When you set it going on a spin only cycle is the pump running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Start led and washing led are on but nothing happens

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok if the pump isnt running at all then given the error code its either the pump itelf or the control board.

You need to access the pump and test the resistance of it with a multimeter. If its showin as faulty then you need to replace the pump. But if the pump is fine then it will be the control board itself.

Now the E23 error code actually mean the pump triacs are fault. Now the triacs are on the board itself and if these fail then it gives this fault. Now most of the time its the pump that causes this but if the pump is fine it will be the control board im afraid.