George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hi, I have A Beko dvc565 oven My problem is the oven/ grille

Hi, I have A Beko dvc565 oven
My problem is the oven/ grille is not working.
Power on, the oven/grille switch on but no indicator light, neither heater element working with door in either position
Can you help, please
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

I'm sorry to hear that your having problems.. when did this start?

Customer: The problem occurred about 10 days ago
George-Allsorts :

Was there any form of power cut around that time?

Customer: No power cut or thunder storms
George-Allsorts :

It seems the grill and the oven are on the same control knob on your oven .. is that correct?

Customer: Yes that is correct
Customer: However; I did test the switch as this was a logical track to follow
George-Allsorts :

Behind the back panel of the cooker, there is a Fire Safety Device called a Thermal Cutout ... The most likely source of your trouble is this... You'll need to get someone to test this for continuity.. If continuity is not there then this will need replacing.. If continuity is there then the source of your problem is likely the selector switch behind the control knob

George-Allsorts :

I can get you part numbers for these parts so that you can order them when required.. would you like me to do this?

Customer: The part numbers will be very helpful.
George-Allsorts :

One moment please

Customer: The thermal cut-out! Is that in a form of a microthermal device or a standard type?
George-Allsorts :

The thermal cutout on this model is round and has two wires coming from it... It is a by-metal product.. Here is a direct link to the Thermal Cutout

George-Allsorts :

The thermal cutout is likely the cause of the problem... That company offers a discount if you use the code - id1975 when checking out

DISCOUNT
When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount

Customer: Thanks I got the link
George-Allsorts :

And here is a link to the Oven /Grill Selector Switch for your model from the same company

George-Allsorts :

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

That is what the Therma Cutout looks like

Customer: Will there only be thermal cut-out for both the oven and grille elements?
Customer: Sorry,.Will there only 1 thermal cut-off device for both the top oven and grille elements?
George-Allsorts :

No.. The thermal cutout operates prior to the selector switch...

George-Allsorts :

Usually, something causes it to go, like an element blowing, or a fan not working

Customer: I understand, it is the switch that has the thermal device witch covers both!
Customer: There is no fan for the top oven on this unit
George-Allsorts :

yes.. in the event of a mishap it cuts the power to both

George-Allsorts :

I cannot see the drawings for your appliance, but that type selector covers both...

George-Allsorts :

Check the grill element for continuity whilst you are there.. If the element has blown it will need replacing

George-Allsorts :

Your grill / oven has a double element

Customer: Yes, you are correct, I did check for continuity on both elements at the start, they both are Ok. It seems to me by your expert advise that the thermal cut-off device is at fault and will sort that firstly. Hopefully that will resolve the problem.
Customer: I appreciate your help on this matter, you have given me a more positive outlook on resolving the problem.Thank you
George-Allsorts :

Did you check the continuity of the thermal cutout?

Customer: Not yet, as I am not near the unit at the moment
George-Allsorts :

If the element is ok, and there is no fan, it is possible for the TC to fail on there own.. check it and come back to me...

I am around most of the time in the evenings

Customer: I will just order a replacement part for ease of mind
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair