Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Having only just purchased a Smeg range (end Nov) and used

Customer Question

Having only just purchased a Smeg range (end Nov) and used the main oven only 4 times on ECO 180/200 deg. the interior of oven is filthy and really grimy what am I doing wrong and how do I clean as it is really a state and looks distgusting. It resembles a really old oven after many years of use!! HELP
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.
Is your a gas model?
Also may I have the full model # ***** your range?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Micjael

I have a gas hob /electric oven the model 110 Smeg Range.

We purchased from Homebase when buying a new kitchen, we were advised that this was far superior to my first choice Rangemster ( I previously had a rangemaster years and in all my years never had an oven looking like this...I had a professional cleaner once a year after the first 5 years and the rangemaster came up like new)

Our Kitchen has been installed and we are having tweeks undertaken in mid january ...say no more....by Homebase ...! I was persuaded by the salesman that the Smeg is the way forward I am very upset that it is in such a state.. it really is bad.. also, I cooked an 18lb turkey in the same overn ECO/180/200 mark and it was so very cooked at least 2 hours before the time ( 20 mins to the lb + 20 mins) So sorry to bore you but am so dissappointed in the whole cooker. I have honestly only cooked 4 roasts in this oven and it is plastered...

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Joy,
I really feel .
This unit has a serious issue and it may be a temp sensor or control board problem among other possibilities here.
But since the unit is so new it is still fully covered by the manufacturers warranty.
If you call them, they will offer you a refund or replacement or repair at no cost to you;-)
So cheer up dear.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Joy.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael I now have an engineer coming out to me on FRiday to look at and possibly replace the faulty? oven censur. I have also tried to contact and speak to the Head Office direct as I am unsure if I should get this one repaired ?? or request a new range altogether as the engineer won't clean the oven to the original look and then who pays cleaning if indeed it can be restored to original look. ?? I got through to the switchboard and tried to explain the situation but the young lady just put me back through tothe service provider who has then emailed direct to ask head office to contact me. am still waiting regards joy

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Joy,
I would have the whole unit exchanged in this case. I mean you paid working NEW unit right lol;-)
Keep trying at least they will replace it if you can get in touch with the manufacturer.
Please keep me posted on this in case you need additional advice and have a great day Joy.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i will try many thanks joy Smile

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

again well the engineer came out and tested thermostat mins in the oven and it worked fine...so he put in a report and basically said found no fault no further action I called Smeg and they confirmed that however, said we canot help further, try an oven cleanetr and try the steam clean action again !! but sorry cannot help. So hubby is going to try an oven cleaner ( brillo) and again the 18 minute steam action of the oven but I doubt it will shift the firmly stuck on grease splashed etc. hey ho looks loke I am stuck with it. thanx anyways regards joy

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Joy, I still have an issue as you do. The unit really became a mess explainable reason. You should tell them that the unit is working correctly "Intermittently". That would explain why the tech found no fault. It may have behaved while he was there. This can happen if the thermal is failing or the main control is bad.
Keep me informed Joy;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I may sit down at the weekend and write a letter as on the phone they are truly not interested don't suppose you know where I could write to would you thank help you can give regards joy

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Joy, I'm not sure of the best place to send a letter but you can do a web search to locate the closest location .
Also I would tell them how dissatisfied you are even with the phone support. Not to mention you want a refund now because they didn't assure you the issue is solved and you have this option because the until is still fully covered under their warranty.
You could try another call to them maybe you got a lousy non caring person on the phone, that happens as well lol.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will try and do this at weekend thank you advice will let you know how I get on

brilliant service by the way

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
;-)