Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

LG washing machine (f1256qd) temperature button is intermittently

Customer Question

LG washing machine (f1256qd) temperature button is intermittently not changing the temperature when pressed. I want to do a 1200 spin cotton wash but at 40 degrees and the button would not change the temperature. Sometimes when I switch it on it works and other times it doesn't. This has been happening over several months, now it rarely changes the temperature. I cannot do a fast spin, low temp wash in one go. Very annoying!
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If its playing up like this then it can only be a fault on the control board itself or the push button for it. But what you can try if fixing this yourself is remove the top of the washer and from there remove the main control board from the plastic control panel. There check the buttons for the temperture on the plastic control panel and check these are fine and the plastic hosuing holding them in hasnt snapped or broken. Also check the tap on the control board as well.

If they are all looking ok then the control board on there will be the fault and will need to be replaced to cure this fault.

So try the above and see what you find as the fault will be either the push button or frame or the control board itself here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.