Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi I have a Neff Dishwasher Model number FD8301 Serial number

I have a Neff Dishwasher Model number FD8301 Serial number 140040 the cycle on the dishwasher was not ending it has 1 min to go and it just sound like its trying to drain all the time some i thought the drain might be blocked so I gave everything a good clean out
and set it going again, but it still has the 1 min left and it still sound like it wants to drain,
can I cancel the cycle that its on? I have tried switching off at the main for a while, to see
if it would reset its self but it do not, will I have to get an engineer out to it?
Sue McGowan
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if the pump is running all the time and its stuck with 1 min on the display then its usually down to the anti flood switch being activated from water thats leaked into the base.

What you need to do on this is pull the dishwasher out from under the units and lie it on its back and this will allow the water to drain out from the base so you may need a towel for this part.

Then once the water is out the anti flood switch will reset itself. So then stand it up right and then retry the dishwasher and hopefully thats sorted it. But if it happens again then theres a water leak in there which you need to find and fix to cure it. But sometimes you may get an overflow in side which causes this kind of fault.

Try that and let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, It works again.