George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

beko 6133s on off switch 2 grey wires from suppressor 2 orange

beko 6133s on off switch 2 grey wires from suppressor 2 orange wires from board , which wire goes where on off on switch ,disconnected and did not take note of wires
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

Do you have a multimeter handy?

Customer:

yes have one live grey wire from suppressor that is grey , other grey and two orange show no power ,

George-Allsorts :

OK.. Put one of the leads of the multimeter to one of the for tabs on the on/off switch

George-Allsorts :

Switch the switch on.. use the other lead on each of the other three tabs until you get a reading on continuity

George-Allsorts :

Once you have a reading.. those two tabs should be the same colour.. the other two wires of the same colour go on the opposite two tabs

Customer:

yes get continuity on two top connectors and also lower two connectors when switch is on. no continuity when switch is off

George-Allsorts :

Once you have a reading between two tabs.. those two tabs should be the same colour.. the other two wires of the same colour go on the opposite two tabs

Customer:

does it matter which terminal wire if same colour goes to which tab ,say grey can you put them on any of the two linked tabs

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask you if you are happy with the assistance so far?

George-Allsorts :

find two tabs that ar linked .. then you can use those two tabs for either both greys, or for both oranges

George-Allsorts :

Are you all up and running now?

George-Allsorts :

Is there anything else I can help you with?

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask you to now take time to assist me, by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems and it is the only way for me to get credited for the assistance given to you.. This will not cost you any more money.

Customer:

can I just ask one more question I have continuity on two top tabs when button is on and across two lower tabs ,but not from top tabs to lower tabs is this correct,

George-Allsorts :

That is correct.. the top two tabs are switched together when the button is in, likewise with the bottom two tabs.. ie. if you label the tabs as 1 2 3 & 4 and you have continuity between 1 & 2 then that is one set of wires and the other set of wires go on 3 & 4