canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have just purchased a nearly new uef8000 led television.

Customer Question

I have just purchased a nearly new uef8000 led television. I want to mount it to my wall but it did not come with the wall mount adaptors. Any idea where I can get the adaptors. I can get the mount wnm 2000a or similar but I've been told this will not come with the mount adaptors.
Please help cos it's a great tv
joe
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Have you gotten the wall mount yet? When you say adapters do you mean the screws for the back of the tv?

JACUSTOMER-1oi25y5q- :

yes at the back of the tv there are two top holes which need an adaptor before it can take a screw. This adaptor normally comes with the tv but i don't have it as it was purchased nearly new

Customer:

Oh I see. So the hole for the screw is not threaded, right?

JACUSTOMER-1oi25y5q- :

yes that's the problem

Customer:

Well what has happened is the previous owner was trying to mount the tv and put the wrong size screw in and pulled the threaded grommet piece out. The tv would need some minor surgery to fix that.

JACUSTOMER-1oi25y5q- :

no that's not correct. The adaptor is specifically made to provide a thread

Customer:

The adapter that was there yes.

JACUSTOMER-1oi25y5q- :

yes the tv comes with the adaptor but its missing. So I'm looking for an alternative. Samsung do not sell this separately

Customer:

The part that the wall mount adapter would attach to on the tv should already be threaded. Yours is not? Is it an anchor like in this video? Here

JACUSTOMER-1oi25y5q- :

I've already seen the video. The tv used is a different model which is already threaded mine is not unless the adaptor is used. check http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/EM/201406/20140602143850733/[UF8000-XU]BN68-04794F-06ENG-1105.pdf

JACUSTOMER-1oi25y5q- :

check pages 24 and 28 for a view of the adaptor

Customer:

I see. That is strange and silly. I would call Samsung and just have them send them. I am sure they would send them for free. I have not seen a tv with special adapters like that.