KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My LED backlight LCD TV was working perfectly on Thursday (1

My LED backlight LCD TV was working perfectly on Thursday (1 January) evening but when I tried to switch on at teatime on Friday there was no standby light on. I tried changing the fuse in the plug - still not working - so I tried plugging into a different socket, still not working. It is not yet 1 year old, so can you help please?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

Customer:

Toshiba 19BL502B2

Customer:

Why did you disconnect? I gave the information you asked for. Can you help?

Customer:

It would have been nice if you had come back to me to let me know what you were doing. I was hoping for some answer from you such as you were dealing with my query but all I saw was that you had disconnected and then were offline. I wasn't expecting an 'immediate' answer but it would have been good to know something was being done.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, sorry I was out and so was unable to respond...don't know why it shows that I have disconnected...please tell me if any lights flash and was there a power surge, you can also check the main cable and let me know if that is intact

Customer:

There are no lights at all on the TV - usually the red standby light is on and when I use the remote control to switch on this light turns green.

Customer:

When I went to switch on yesterday there were no lights at all. As far as I know we did not have a power surge and the main cable was not touched at all after I switched off on Thursday evening and it looks intact.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, the problem can be with the power board or something simple like a loose wire inside the unit ... however, as it is not yet 1 year old it is better to get it checked under warranty...doing it yourself will void off the warranty

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks

Customer:

Thanks but I was hoping that as an 'Expert' you would be able to solve the problem. As I had already done what you suggested before I contacted you I now feel I am having to pay for nothing ...... C'est la vie !