Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I bought a BOSCH WTE84105GB tumble dryer just over 2 years

Customer Question

I bought a BOSCH WTE84105GB tumble dryer just over 2 years ago. Now when I turn it on it will do one brief cycle, pause, start up again for about 10 seconds and then the container light starts flashing and it cuts out. It happens at the same point every time. I've read the trouble shooting page in the manual and I've done all the things it suggests. I always empty the container as soon as I've finished a cycle in any case and also clean the fluff off the filter. I've cleaned the air cooler with clear water also. Can you suggest what the problem could be?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

It seems that the pump is blocked or is bad and needs replacement...with the appliance unplugged you will have to take off the top and side panels to check the pump...also make sure everything (all hoses) attached to the pump are clean and clear..After this make sure to clean the condenser and the ducting attached to it..Please let me know how it goes

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-p6ksgcct- :

JACUSTOMER-p6ksgcct- :

We've removed all of the screws at the back and on the top of the side panels but we can't get the panels off. Do you know if there are screws underneath?

KevinWhiteJA :

you can just slide the panels to pull them off

KevinWhiteJA :

if the screws have been removed

JACUSTOMER-p6ksgcct- :

Do you mean pull them from the back?

KevinWhiteJA :

no the top and side panels come off so that you can check everything

JACUSTOMER-p6ksgcct- :

Sorry I meant to slide the panels off do you pull them towards you from the back or pull them up. We still can't manage it either way.

JACUSTOMER-p6ksgcct- :

Hello are you there?

JACUSTOMER-p6ksgcct- :

Are you still there?

KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

yes

KevinWhiteJA :

after the screws are removed it usually slids off

JACUSTOMER-p6ksgcct- :

Upwards or towards the back?

KevinWhiteJA :

I mean that is how it should come off so that you can clean everything inside

KevinWhiteJA :

upwards

JACUSTOMER-p6ksgcct- :

It's not happening. Is there likely to be anything underneath that would stop it?

KevinWhiteJA :

there might be a screw, you can lay it on its side to check

JACUSTOMER-p6ksgcct- :

Ok thanks we'll have a look

KevinWhiteJA :

please let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-p6ksgcct- :

Thanks. There are screws underneath

KevinWhiteJA :

oh ok

JACUSTOMER-p6ksgcct- :

This is ridiculous. We've taken off the screw at the bottom and a screw next to the container drawer and it still won't come off. Something near the front panel seems to be stopping it but can't see any more screws

KevinWhiteJA :

Well I believe more likely cleaning will solve the problem, if you are unable to do it then it is always better to get this done by a tech

JACUSTOMER-p6ksgcct- :

We've just realised we would have to take the whole control panel off to get the sides off. Bosch obviously don't want us to get the sides off easily. We're going to give up now. I've looked after this machine really well and I really can't see anything to clean on there.

KevinWhiteJA :

The sides just come off...don't know why it was Poor service as that is what that has to be done to solve the problem...let me know if you need further help...Thanks