Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a side by side frost free fridge/freezer model AP930X

Customer Question

I have a side by side frost free fridge/freezer model AP930X and the temperature contol of the fridge has gone haywire. It remains at a constant temp for a while and then starts beeping and the temp changes from 2 through to 8 degrees. The interior of the fridge still remains cold. I cannot find anything about this under faults in my manual.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

So the problem you have with the appliance is the temperture on the display is changing for the fridge but the actuall temperture inside the fridge is ok is this correct?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes that is correct

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok if the temperture on the display is doing this but its actually normal inside then its possibley a faulty fridge sensor giving the wrong readings to the control board or the control board itself.

If you are looking at doing this yourself then you need to remove the thermostat box inside the fridge at the very top.
These pull out but are usually difficullte as you need to try and get your fingers behind it and pull it forward as the box is clipped in.

Once its out make sure theres no ice in there as the flap in there does like to freeze up and cause problems. And on some versions of this model the sensor is in there. On others its foamed into the liner so theres no access to it but its quite rare the sensor actually failes itself

Refit the thermostat box at the top and retry the appliance and see how it goes. If its still doing the same and the fridge is working ok then its looking like the control board on the top is the problem here as this is the main board that fails rather then the one in the freezer door.

So try the above and see what happens. If you need anymore info just get back to me.