KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Our Bosch dishwasher does not want to stop its cycle, and keeps

Our Bosch dishwasher does not want to stop its cycle, and keeps running with 1 min showing on its clock. How do we reset the dishwasher back to its factory settings.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

Customer:

Does not seem to be one on the unit.

Customer:

Unit would not be older than 4yrs old, as was put in through a recent renovation by the landlords 4 - 5 yrs ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

it starts with E nr

Customer:

Have looked - unfortunately no model numbers shown on the top or sides of the front doors.

Customer:

Would it be inside the dishwasher itself?

KevinWhiteJA :

usually located on the door inside the door

Customer:

Unit has the following buttons on the top of its front door: On/Off; h; min(main operating interface); Auto; 50 degrees; 45 degrees; then a rinse button;

Customer:

There is a 'reset' indicator that runs from the 'Auto' button across to the 45 degrees' button.

KevinWhiteJA :

ok, have you tried to clean the drain pump assembly ?

Customer:

Will look again inside the door for a number. Have not tried to clean the drain pump assembly - will do so now.

Customer:

Will be a minute.

KevinWhiteJA :

no problem, with the unit unplugged please clean the drain pump assembly completely

Customer:

Drain pump was clean, no blockage. And no serial number unfortunately.

KevinWhiteJA :

ok just pull the dishwasher out and lay it on its side so that if there is any excess water in the base it comes off

Customer:

Pardon - pull the dishwasher out? Is there not a reset of the controls to try first?

KevinWhiteJA :

No I believe it is caused due to a leak in the base of the unit

Customer:

If that is the case, then will need to call in a technician. We can do that through this week. Thank you for your assist in the meantime.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, I believe it will be solved after you lay it on its side by around 45 degrees

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks