Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

main oven doesn't heat up on true fan setting, but fan is working.

Customer Question

main oven doesn't heat up on true fan setting, but fan is working. oven heats up on conventional cooking setting. AEG D41116M purchased from ***** ***** in june 2010
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If the oven isnt heating up on true fan setting but the fan is still running then the fan element itself will be the fault.

Remove the shelfs inside the oven and remove the back panel in there.
There you will see the heater around the fan. Its held on by 2 screws. This is the part you need to replace.

You can replace the part from inside the oven so you dont need to remove the oven to fix this. Its all done from inside the oven.

If you want the part number for the heater element its 3871425124

So replace the heater in the oven and this will sort the fault out and get the oven working again.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks very much. where can I get this part from and how much will it cost please?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

The cheapest place ive found it for you is on Amazon.

Click here and you will see a few sellers on there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Daniel. I have ordered the part from Amazon and hope that my oven will be up and running again in a few days. You have saved me from buying a complete new oven! Thank goodness it happened today and not on Christmas Day!

Thanks again.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare.

Your very welcome. Im sure this will sort it. But if you have trouble with it still just get back to me but im sure you will be fine.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel

The part that I ordered from Amazon arrived on Tuesday and my husband fitted it and the fan oven is now working perfectly again. Thank you very much for your help.