Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi Daniel, I have a Zanussi-Zwh-6120-P washing machine and

Customer Question

Hi Daniel, I have a Zanussi-Zwh-6120-P washing machine and the programme light suggests the cycle has ended yet the door wont open and i've tried to run a spin, or rinse cycle for e.g., the 'wash' light comes on and then changes to the 'end' light after 3-4 seconds...any suggestions? the door is still locked after 30 mins now!
Peter
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Try this and see what happens and let me know.
Give the handle on the door a good bang with the side of your fist and see if it shocks the door into opening
Let me what happens
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried that but its still locked...

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok turn the washer off and unplug it and wait a few minutes then try and give it a bang and see if the door will open then.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still locked...

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok if it still isn't opening then it's either the door handle or the lock itself. But first just make sure it has drained the water and check the filter as well.
What you need to do is remove the top and from there look down the front of the washer on the inside. There you will see the door lock.
Reach down there and feel the lock. On the left side of the lock will be the door pin. You need to reach down there to the metal pin and push this to the left and at the same time pull the door and it will open.
Then you need to check the door handle as you will find this has snapped and will need to be replaced.
Try that and see how it goes and let me know.