George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hi I have a Bosch dishwasher and it is stuck on the rinse program.

Hi I have a Bosch dishwasher and it is stuck on the rinse program. No mater what button I press I cannot cancel or move it along. No water coming out during the rinse cycle it is on now. How can I cance l/ re fresh the program?
Model number SG137MO5GB
Thanks Elaine
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Elaine, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Please wait a moment whilst I have a look at which way your system is built and what parts are in it

George-Allsorts :

Elaine.. your model doesn't seem to be listed...

Can I ask you to let me know the FD of the appliance which should help to find the details I need... The FD should be near to the ENr you gave

Customer: FD 8510
George-Allsorts :

Thank you for that.. One moment please

Customer: Ok thanks
George-Allsorts :

Elaine.. Can you check the ENr you have given... The best way to take the ENr is from the top of the door.. The ENr is usually stamped into the meta

George-Allsorts :

Meta

George-Allsorts :

Metal

Customer: Is it SGI 57 MO 5 GB / 37?
George-Allsorts :

ahhhh!! 57 not 37

George-Allsorts :

Thank you very much for that.. I shall be a moment as I look at the information I need

Customer: Yes. Sorry!,
George-Allsorts :

I have now had a look at the appliance you have ..

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me have you tried the reset on the appliance

Customer: 'Reset is across 3 buttons'Eco'. 'quick'. 'pre-rinse'
Customer: i have tried each button
George-Allsorts :

Of the three buttons to the right.. you need to press and hold button 1 & 3

Customer: Ok. I will try that now.
George-Allsorts :

OK.. let me know what happens and what you hear

Customer: Yes. I can now move program to wash but the sound remains the same and the wash cycle has not started even though the timer is counting down.
George-Allsorts :

OK... When you pressed the two buttons.. did the appliance start to pump out..

George-Allsorts :

and did you wait until it finished and stopped.. approx 1-2 mins

George-Allsorts :

or did it not stop after 2 mins?

Customer: No. I didn't wait 2 mins. I will reset again and wait 2 mins now.
George-Allsorts :

ok thanks

Customer: It is on the wash cycle now. The timer clock is working and counting down. However, the sound is the same and constant and does not appear as if the cycle is progressing.constant purring sound does not change!!
George-Allsorts :

Ok.. thank you for checking that for me... This is usually the result of water leaking into the base of the appliance...

Have you got someone who can remove the appliance for you to investigate this problem ?

George-Allsorts :

Can you open the door for me, check that the water has entered the appliance and that the tank is full

Customer: No water has entered the appliance
George-Allsorts :

One moment please

George-Allsorts :

If what you are hearing is the pump running continuously, then there is water in the base... but this should produce a fault code

If what you are hearing is the wash-pump running continuously, this indicates a failure of the pcb as the pump is not supposed to run until water is in the system

However, if what you are hearing is a very light buzz of the water inlet, then there could be a blockage at the inlet of the appliance

In either case, the appliance will need to be removed for further investigation

Customer: Ok thanks George.
George-Allsorts :

Once you have had this investigated, please come back to me if you need parts numbers or further advice...

Once you have rated, you can use the same link to return to me..

George-Allsorts :

regards

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.