George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

how do I refit drawer runner to a Neff Fridge

Customer Question

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you supply the ENr of the appliance please.. This is inside the fridge compartment

JACUSTOMER-31bae9ua- :

K4664X7GB/01

George-Allsorts :

Have the rails come apart?

JACUSTOMER-31bae9ua- :

Yes

George-Allsorts :

One moment please

JACUSTOMER-31bae9ua- :

Does this mean that you are unable to assist me?

George-Allsorts :

I am just looking at the diagrams for your particular appliance, as each system is different

JACUSTOMER-31bae9ua- :

George-Allsorts :

I may be a short while.. do you want me to open up the question to see if you can get a faster responce?

JACUSTOMER-31bae9ua- :

No, I will wait for your help

George-Allsorts :

The rails are not supposed to come apart.. so this has become a technical problem.. normally if the rails come apart then they are replaced.. I am checking to see if your rails can be put back together or whether you need to replace the ones in question

George-Allsorts :

OK.. I can not find any information relating to reparation of the rails... The rails are replaceable, however they are different depening on the drawer in question... which drawer has the rail that is causing you the problem?

JACUSTOMER-31bae9ua- :

Bottom drawer right hand runner

George-Allsorts :

Has your rail got wheels on it?

George-Allsorts :

or ball bearings?

JACUSTOMER-31bae9ua- :

Yes, there is 1 wheel on the runner and 1 wheel on the static section

George-Allsorts :

Can you remove the drawer by fulling it out to the limit and then lifting to retract the drawer?

George-Allsorts :

pulling

JACUSTOMER-31bae9ua- :

When the drawer was puller out for cleaning 1 section of the runner came away with it

George-Allsorts :

Can you remove it from the drawer?

JACUSTOMER-31bae9ua- :

Yes it lifted off the drawer

George-Allsorts :

I am wondering.. can you fit the wheel on the runner over the top of the one on the static piece so that the one on the runner end-up inside the rail?

JACUSTOMER-31bae9ua- :

Yes I can but I can not get the wheel on the static rail to enter the groove

JACUSTOMER-31bae9ua- :

I have gone back and tried again and the runner has now clicked back into place, though I can't see how this has happened. All seems to be ok now. Thanks

George-Allsorts :

That is great... After looking at the rail itself, I didn't want to point you to purchasing a new rail without atleast trying to fix the current one..

George-Allsorts :

Please rate my assistance before leaving, use the smiley faces you can see to do this...